Crucial C300 64gb $100 shipped WARM

I like it, no problems other than now I've gotta ask Newegg for $35 back since I bought mine a few days ago.... I wonder if they honor pricing refunds for shell shockers?

Sweet, now I don't have to play the game of 'waiting' for the dang C400, hoping the initial price is good, and waiting for reviews.

I was looking at the 128 GB version of this drive, but at $264 vs $99 for the 64 GB, I had to jump on this one.

I bought this at $120 originally. Asked newegg and they gave me a $10 refund, since their "prices change in real time." That's alright by me.

I like it, no problems other than now I've gotta ask Newegg for $35 back since I bought mine a few days ago.... I wonder if they honor pricing refunds for shell shockers?

They did it for me on "day after Cyber monday" sale

I dunno.... I'd label this as hot. Though new drives are on the horizon, you aren't gonna get a better deal right now on a drive of this size at this speed. The support on this drive is great too.

I bit, and I'll be upgrading my A-Data S599 to this drive to hold me over until the C400 128gb. I want the S599 in my netbook anyway.

I can't decide if I should get this or not.. prices won't get better any sooner, right?

If I didn't get the 40gb intel ssd for $38 (after coupons/rebates) from mwave, I would consider this as a boot drive.

At this point I will probably wait for the next generation and until prices are around $1/gb or less (hoping to upgrade to 80gb or 128gb eventually)

They sure cut that Access Write time in half compared to the 128 models and most models that are out now.

Question: I am parting together a new SB system. I've never owned a SSD before, so this is uncharted territory (aka rampant noobishness).

Should I pull the trigger on this? I guess this would be an OS drive/whatever other programs I can fit? Use my AAKS for the rest of my programs, docs, music, and use the 1TB for deep storage? Like I said, my knowledge about SSD's is woefully deficient.

What's holding you back from making your decision? It's a fast drive, good price, and no rebates to deal with.

Sigh...
I really don't want to reinstall my OS again.

Ah. Well, mine is for a new build I'm doing :) My experience with the Vertex 2 already convinced me SSD = awesomesause. It made my laptop faster (not "feel faster".... faster) than my i7 920 desktop and joke-tons faster than my Father's netbook (his primary business comp before I replaced it with a desktop)

What's holding you back from making your decision? It's a fast drive, good price, and no rebates to deal with.

That I know nothing about SSDs. Never owned one before and haven't really kept up with the news.

Seems like a good deal and a good drive, just worried about the size.

Screw it, bought.

That I know nothing about SSDs. Never owned one before and haven't really kept up with the news.

Seems like a good deal and a good drive, just worried about the size.

Screw it, bought.

Hey, we'll help. If nobody does, PM me and I'll help :)

The time it takes to complete will definitely be cut down by quite a bit!

haha, so true. I installed Win7 in less than 8 min from a flash drive onto my Vertex 2 :) Took longer to copy back my user folder from my external HDD to my laptop, lol....

Hey, we'll help. If nobody does, PM me and I'll help :)

Yeah, it's bought. :)

I'm at the point of no return now. I've got an SSD and 8 gigs of ram in the mail, might as well throw a Sandy Bridge proc, mobo, and cooler on there and liquidate my Q6600.

haha! And go mITX like I did XD

Well, not Sandy Bridge, but still mITX and awesome :) Keep your Q6600 arouind for one month, and go back to it. You'll wonder how you put up with the HDD for so long!!

For those needing more space the 256gb is on sale at $490. I'm tempted but probably should wait for C400 in March.

For those needing more space the 256gb is on sale at $490. I'm tempted but probably should wait for C400 in March.

newegg business has this drive right now for buy 4, get 1 free so u can get 320gb if u raid 0 em if u got a badass enough controller, or at least raid 5 em for safety and get tons of bandwidth

Finally, a good deal on a great SSD, this will be my first one :)
TY Op and newegg..

haha, so true. I installed Win7 in less than 8 min from a flash drive onto my Vertex 2 :) Took longer to copy back my user folder from my external HDD to my laptop, lol....
yeah. do this.

I put an 8GB Patriot XT usb drive to work just for my OS installs. If you have a fast USB drive and a SSD, the install will take no time.

Installing Windows in 10 minutes is a thing of beauty.

I bit, can't wait to try this puppy out.

Note: You should be able to simply image Windows 7 to this drive, then force the OS to re-run WINSAT. It should detect the SSD and configure itself accordingly.

Finally, a good deal on a great SSD, this will be my first one :)
TY Op and newegg..

Same here.. This drives gets VERY HIGH reviews, and is highly recommended specially by people from this forum...

Just pulled the trigger on this. Ended up being $75 thanks to the $25 credit newegg gave me due to the 15% off memory coupon the other day. I will either put this in my amd rig and put the vertex 2 in the gf's laptop or put this in there.

Thanks for the heads up. :D

I've been waiting for a deal on a larger SSD drive but I'm thinking about buying this. Just had some questions for anyone who's willing to help me out.

Realistically, once you put Win 7 and disable hibernation mode (heard that feature really eats up space), how much usable GB's are left? If I keep my music, videos, other media on my storage drives, approx how many games could I install? I haven't really been a big PC gamer in the past but with the new 2500K and everything else I have waiting to be installed, I will certainly make an attempt. I'd of course like to install the games on the SSD but I don't know how many gigs new games take up these days.

Lastly, the C400. Does anyone know how much of an advantage these drives will have over the C300's? And pricing hasn't been released yet....right?

Thanks!

I think my primary hard drive is dieing, clicking noise on start and trouble booting sometimes. In for one.

I've been waiting for a deal on a larger SSD drive but I'm thinking about buying this. Just had some questions for anyone who's willing to help me out.

Realistically, once you put Win 7 and disable hibernation mode (heard that feature really eats up space), how much usable GB's are left? If I keep my music, videos, other media on my storage drives, approx how many games could I install? I haven't really been a big PC gamer in the past but with the new 2500K and everything else I have waiting to be installed, I will certainly make an attempt. I'd of course like to install the games on the SSD but I don't know how many gigs new games take up these days.

Lastly, the C400. Does anyone know how much of an advantage these drives will have over the C300's? And pricing hasn't been released yet....right?

Thanks!

I heard Win7 takes about 20gb.
You Google "crucial c400 pricing" for some pricing info (I can't recall....but I know they're cheaper).
I skeptical 64gb would be good enough for my Win 7 and all my apps. I'm holding out for 128 or 256gb.

Back