Cryorig H7 Scary Installation

Hey guys, so I recently got a skylake intel cpu socket 1151 and a cryorig h7 cpu cooler. Im a bit afraid of the installation process.

So i understand the steps are:

Install backplate underneath motherboard, and screw in 4 screws which point upwards. Then flip back over, install the 4 washers. Finally apply thermal paste on cpu and sit the h7 heatsink on top.
The part im most worried about is that you then to need to FLIP OVER the motherboard and screw in the screws from underenath. Im afrraid during this process, the heatsink might slightly detach / lift up from the cpu, thereby ruining my thermal paste.

Any ideas on how best to do this ? Thanks!

Best way to do it would be very carefully. I personally would do this with the board mounted in my case, and simply press the cooler onto the CPU and hold it while I svrew with my other hand. Some of these CPU coolers can be a pain

Best way to do it would be very carefully. I personally would do this with the board mounted in my case, and simply press the cooler onto the CPU and hold it while I svrew with my other hand. Some of these CPU coolers can be a pain

Thanks, unforutnately im using a node 304 case which i don't believe allows me to access the bottom panel so easily with the motherboard already mounted. Anyone who owns this please correct me if im wrong however.

Second time builder here, with the first time coming about 10 years ago ;) so much has been forgotten haha...

it would be best to mount in the case. but since you can't do that then get someone with steady hands to help you when you need to flip it over.

Back