Crysis 1.1 patch released

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Get yer patch on!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50640

Fixes:
- Damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW has been made consistent
- F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well
- When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will not be in a permanently raised position anymore
- Memory leaks and potential crashes

Updates:
- Improved SLI / Crossfire support and performance
- Improved overall rendering performance (DX9 and DX10)
- Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10

Tweaks:
- Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
- Clamped water tessellation to avoid cheating in MP
- Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in PowerStruggle mode
- Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly

About time, downloading now. I won't get to try it out till after work though

The patch installed and the game runs fine.
Sadly no performance improvement, GPU benchmark result was almost identical.

8800GT, A64x2, 2GB Ram.

The patch installed and the game runs fine.
Sadly no performance improvement, GPU benchmark result was almost identical.

8800GT, A64x2, 2GB Ram.

D'oh! Those are my specs, too. :( I shall install/test tonight, too.

got install to work after i uninstalled and reinstalled crysis. Only thing i can think of that's different between now and then was i had the map pack installed that they released last month. Wonder if that was the problem.

REALLY interested to see if this resolves the SLI stuttering issue. I've literally been holding off playing the game until that issue is resolved.

The only things anyone wanted to see, such as "AI doesn't take a few hundred thousand bullets to kill" and "MP players can no longer go around raping by simply punching people in strength mode" don't seem to be there. Boo.

The only things anyone wanted to see, such as "AI doesn't take a few hundred thousand bullets to kill" and "MP players can no longer go around raping by simply punching people in strength mode" don't seem to be there. Boo.

:confused:

Someone in strength mode takes like 3 bullets to kill, so why does that need to be changed?

any fixes for all the cheats rolling around?

1 shot 1 kill, any weapon
TAC spamming with any weapon
infinite ammo
infinite LAW/C4/nades/flashes/mines/whatever else
infinite cloak
infinite run
500 shots at once via a pistol
shotgun pistol
flying
speeding
god mode
increased health
rapid fire grenade launchers
glowing nano suits
wallhack
ability to unban yourself (banning is done by IP, BAN BY CDKEY IDIOTS)
infinite night vision
super jump
the usual chams
im sure there are also aimbots out there also

boy, what a winner here, they made basically everything client side

:confused:

Someone in strength mode takes like 3 bullets to kill, so why does that need to be changed?

Because I hate the carrier map because of it, and it could be a good map otherwise. Little more than three shots, too.

I'm not signing up just to download. When they have other hosters that don't require it I will get it.

Finally - proper vsync support. For weeks I've been playing around with various vsnyc options in the Nvidia panel and the game itself. I can get it to work temporarily, but it's nice to see a real fix. They fixed my main gripe.
I never really had any issues with the AI taking too many shots. Turn on the red dot sight and they typically go down in 2-3 shots to the head/shoulders.

patch didn't do anything noticable for me performance wise, but i could notice the new grenade and rocket launcher changes. I'm glad about the rocket launchers, and grenade doesn't seem bad, but i had no problem with how powerful they were before.

worlds slowest patch? It was validating for well over 10 minutes and now has been copying new files for nearly 10 minutes and the green status bar hasnt even moved. I actually started the install process at 12:32 and its now 12:56 and Im still waiting for it to finish. :confused:

anyone else getting this error?

67849226bc5.jpg

performance went down in the gpu benchmark. running at 1024x768 all medium settings DX10.:(

before patch....31.02 fps
after patch ......29.80 fps

Don't fix any of those game-stopping bugs, Crytek, just reduce rocket speed slightly. That's exactly what we needed! Hell, it looks as if they can't even get the installer right.

I think this one deserves the venerable "fail" tag. Perhaps epic fail?

Over at the main thread for this at incrysis.com they said that starting with a fresh install of the game helped the patch install in the event of the 1334 error.

Others say that they had modded video files and configs and even the map pack installed and got no errors... so I have no idea. I hope when I get home I can just pop in my thumb-drive and the DVD and install without a hitch but all signs point to that not happening, and I have the disabled video files, and the map pack installed on Vista x64.

Don't fix any of those game-stopping bugs, Crytek, just reduce rocket speed slightly. That's exactly what we needed! Hell, it looks as if they can't even get the installer right.

I think this one deserves the venerable "fail" tag. Perhaps epic fail?

IMO it's just a bad coded game, I can't believe patch was such a flop. They could have done so much more with what they have had. I feel sad now, this is no farcry. Here is hoping that Far Cry 2 is superb :).

From the sounds of it, any one with the map pack or edited configs might be looking at a fresh install before they patch, I hope i am wrong but with the few changes i have seen so far why bother?

I'll have to fresh install anyway, I had just recently reformatted. /shrug.

I can't wait for our resident Crytek apologist to get onto this thread and tell us that the performance drop is actually an increase and we really did wait only 7 to 14 days - the 2 months were only in our imaginations.

what folder do i backup if i dont wanna lose my single player progress?

is your CD in the drive?
Yep. I installed it then it said it needed my dvd in the drive to continue, i put it in then got the error. Then tried it again while the dvd was in the drive, same error. i think it could be a securerom problem, or a problem with daemon/alcohol utilities?

I got the same error so I uninstalled and reinstalled and the patch installed fine. It must be something to do with map downloads or the config files.

Back