Crysis 3 Single Player Interactive Demo

Looks like he's using an xbox controller.... is it a console first, PC second ?

From a spectator perspective watching someone play on a mouse makes the game look very jerky and unsmooth which is why they always demo games on the pc with a controller.

Maybe its the video but it looks like he was playing on a console

Surprised I'm even seeing this on [H] with all the haterade Kyle dumped on Crysis 2 over DX11 not being included at launch date (which is something that happened with a few other games, but no bitching about those ones). I digress...

C3 looks pretty fkn sweet. Can't help but think the torque bow from Gears is the sole reason they added the bow to Crysis, though.

I loved the first Crysis and Warhead. I played them multiple times and I still think they look great graphically. Crysis 2 was ok to me. I wish I had not purchased it at full price. I beat it fairly quickly and had no desire to play through it again. I think I will wait until the price drops before grabbing this one unless I get convinced otherwise. Since EA now has Origin and they have stated that they do not believe in discount game prices, I may never purchase it.

Still haven't played Crysis 2, got such bad reviews compared to the first that it's been collecting dust in my steam library.

Also auto-aim what's that? Oh yeah the "real" gamers get it because consoles don't have shit for resolution accuracy

I choose Stealth and the dude sprints across the river without making so much as a ripple in the water right in front of two soldiers. Really?! :rolleyes:

i see more shooting at the ground than the enemy and accuracy of about 5% at best.

From a spectator perspective watching someone play on a mouse makes the game look very jerky and unsmooth which is why they always demo games on the pc with a controller.
Smooth? Mice can handle that.

any minimum or reccomended specs? (care more about minimum so i'll know if it'll run on my lappy)

Work proxy doesnt let me on the yube

I never actually brought myself to finish Crysis 2, but I thought Prophet died at the very beginning? Am I misremembering?

I never actually brought myself to finish Crysis 2, but I thought Prophet died at the very beginning? Am I misremembering?

You obviously didn't play through the ending...or in my case watch spoiler vids.

You obviously didn't play through the ending...or in my case watch spoiler vids.

I'm glad my friend asked me to play the last mission for him, because there is no way I would have played through it all. The game was just so damn boring after the first hour(at least for me). Although I still didn't completely understand it.

I'm glad my friend asked me to play the last mission for him, because there is no way I would have played through it all. The game was just so damn boring after the first hour(at least for me). Although I still didn't completely understand it.
I actually brought myself to play through the game, and I have no idea what's going on in it. Unlike Crysis 1 where it made a lot of sense what was happening.

Crysis 1 was never released onto consoles cause they can't handle the graphics. So imagine how great Crysis 2 and 3 are? Crysis 2 was just bad terrible horrible burn it. It was like they made a game and hyped it up, and are expecting to make a boat load of money from it. The title should just read "Please give Crysis money".

Anyone wanna give them money so they don't release Crysis 3? Might be doing the world a favor.

I actually brought myself to play through the game, and I have no idea what's going on in it. Unlike Crysis 1 where it made a lot of sense what was happening.

Crysis 1 was never released onto consoles cause they can't handle the graphics. So imagine how great Crysis 2 and 3 are? Crysis 2 was just bad terrible horrible burn it. It was like they made a game and hyped it up, and are expecting to make a boat load of money from it. The title should just read "Please give Crysis money".

Anyone wanna give them money so they don't release Crysis 3? Might be doing the world a favor.

Crysis 1 is available on Xbox 360 and PS3 for download. I'm just not paying $14.99 or $19.99 for a game I already got on PC and don't play.

Maybe its the video but it looks like he was playing on a console

I think I can smash this with the fact that the video was shot in 1080p and the video is definitely 1080p...which is something the consoles can't do, especially with a game like Crysis 3.

Not to mention the fact that it was obvious that this was the PC version as I doubt the console version, technically, could look half as good as this.

So...definitely PC version played with a console controller. No doubt about that!

Crysis 1 is available on Xbox 360 and PS3 for download. I'm just not paying $14.99 or $19.99 for a game I already got on PC and don't play.

Really? I thought they said they couldn't port it because consoles couldn't handle it. Did they shrink the levels and add more loading screens to the game?

Really? I thought they said they couldn't port it because consoles couldn't handle it. Did they shrink the levels and add more loading screens to the game?

From what I've heard they basically dumbed everything down dramatically. Way less vegetation to NO vegetation, reduced shadows in relation to distance, refresh rate (shadows look like they are running at half frame rate), and detail.

Plus I've heard the levels are artificially limited in size and what could be redone with lower resolution was (I've heard that the explosions for example are 2D sprites now instead of 3D with smoke physics, etc).

So while its supposed to be "true" to the Crysis experience, I've heard its nearly a different game.

I hope it is like Fallout 3.:D
(There is a bit of Alien vs. Predator in there.)

I tried to play through Crysis 2, but I keep hitting a game-stopping bug that even loading a previous save doesn't seem to fix, so I can't proceed through the game. :rolleyes:

From what I've heard they basically dumbed everything down dramatically. Way less vegetation to NO vegetation, reduced shadows in relation to distance, refresh rate (shadows look like they are running at half frame rate), and detail.

Plus I've heard the levels are artificially limited in size and what could be redone with lower resolution was (I've heard that the explosions for example are 2D sprites now instead of 3D with smoke physics, etc).

So while its supposed to be "true" to the Crysis experience, I've heard its nearly a different game.

There were some early screenshots that everyone was like FUCK when they saw them, but it doesn't look that radically different in the final version. They changed the lighting around and some other shit but it looks surprisingly nice.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/topic39362
http://www.ea.com/crysis-1/images/0233a382e1f42310VgnVCM1000001065140aRCRD

I tried to play through Crysis 2, but I keep hitting a game-stopping bug that even loading a previous save doesn't seem to fix, so I can't proceed through the game. :rolleyes:

I thought there's a way to just restart the whole level. :confused:

Hiring professional gamers will make this a non issue. Cant stand watching the camera work in console footage. It looks ridiculous.

Where the gunship never comes near the train overpass? Had that issue, had to download a save game for the next level or something, if I recall.

I believe they remade it in the CryEngine 3, and that works on consoles so :p

I thought there's a way to just restart the whole level. :confused:

Pretty sure I've tried that, does nothing.

Where the gunship never comes near the train overpass? Had that issue, had to download a save game for the next level or something, if I recall.

Actually it's where you "examine the biomass" near the start-ish of the game, and when you're supposed to jump out the window to get out of the subway area, it's supposed to trigger a cutscene. However, it never does, and the window has an invisible wall in front of it so I can't get out. No idea how to bypass that other than downloading a save I guess...annoying.

damn that looks so good ....crysis 2 had a very console graphics look to it,but this reminds me of crysis 1 level of graphics :) it just makes u vomit at everything else on the market.(except battlefield 3 ofc).I didint play crysis 2 but this one has my atention.

Yep, that's a first person shooter alright. Boy I can't wait for people to start spending real money making games that aren't shooters again, I don't need 15 high budget iron sight simulators a year.

oh man. i love how you can select "stealth"-mode, and he still goes in like rambo. anyway. let's see how this turns out.

So crysis 2 part 2 then? no thanks. Christ you move so slow compared to crysis 1.Turtleling around using cover was not what crysis was about... but i guess this sort of gameplay suites a gampad real nice. f u crytek.

Back