Crysis Beta + 8800gtx = 88*C temps

Spoudazo

Gawd
Fans at 100% via Rivatuner, there's hardly any overclock, etc.

What should I do?

Coolermaster stacker case with a few extra fans.

88C is not too hot iirc

My 8800GTS tops out at about 82C

88c not hot?:eek:

Replaced the stock heatsink with Zalman VF1000 or Thermalright HR-03 Plus? Your load will probably dropped to 60c.

Check your case and your room temp, goodness. Otherwise don't worry, besides, betas have much more behind-the-scenes code running around (debug) among other inefficiencies. It's called a beta for a reason ;). :rolleyes:

88c not hot?:eek:

Replaced the stock heatsink with Zalman VF1000 or Thermalright HR-03 Plus? Your load will probably dropped to 60c.

Depends really,ruuning my GTS 640 with that Tr I get 85c load after an hour with the HGL beta,92c with the later levels of Bioshock.

My card is running passive though,with only case fan airflow to help.

That sounds about right for the normal load temp of a video card. They run hot.

I don't know about you people but I am more happy running under 50c on idle with my thermalright HR-03 Plus. I remembered it use to run around 70 to 80c on idle on a hot day with the stock heatsink.

but dont other components get hotter as a result of the gpu running that hot?

Well...my NIC (only thing directly by the GPU fan) will just have to suffice...and i have plenty good enough case flow and nice low ambient temps :)

but dont other components get hotter as a result of the gpu running that hot?

Depends on how well the airflow is in your case. The stock 8800 HSF exhausts hot air from the case. Not sure about the TR cooler (I've seen it, but I don't remember what it looks like ;) ).

Back