Crysis Question...

Just got my GF a new Laptop its a ASUS K72, Here's the link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220753 - its runs a AMD Phenom II Triple-Core CPU @ 2.1GHz, a ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 Dedicated GPU with 1GB GDDR3, has 4GB of DDR3 1066 RAM, 500GB HDD, 17.3" Display (also has a built in HDMI Port, and it looks beautiful when I play Borderlands or WoW through my 47" LG LCD HDTV) So do you think I would be able to play Crysis on it, even if its at low settings, thats alright, as long as I can get it to run smoothly.

My really nice PC that I built around a AMD Phenom II Quad-Core 3.2GHz Black Edition, got jacked 2 months ago, and I hadn't had a chance to play Crysis, and I've been wanting to for a long time, and the only Desktop PC I have for the moment, for sure wont play it, So my only hope til I can afford to order my new parts for my new Rig, is this Laptop. So what do you guys think ?

oh and also I may as well ask, you think it will run Bad Company 2 ? it runs CoD MW 2 pretty well....I already have that for my Xbox360, but I've been playing BF sine 1942 came out, and at heart I'm a PC gamer so I really want BC 2 for PC.

Yes, you'll be able to play Crysis and BC2 on it, likely with medium detail levels.

That sucks about your desktop PC. I would freak out if mine was ever stolen.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

but her laptop should be able to run it, I don't know how that system compares to the C2D @2,4 ghz and 9800mgs in my laptop but it plays crysis fairly well at medium/high setting, but it seems like the further into the game you get the more I had to turn the setting down, especially the final scene, I was getting 11-15 fps no matter what I did.

And it should run bf2 without breaking a sweat.

Word, I thought I would be alright, but I wanted to make sure before I bothered installing...and yes, trust me, I freaked the fuck out when I came home and saw my new beautiful beast of a PC stolen. I had been saving up for that for the last 6months. I'm a musician (been one since i was in 2nd grade, and I'm also in school for audio engineering/music...also taking some 3D Modeling/CAD and Animation classes, been a hobby of mine since highschool, my buddies and I have been making mods since the CS 1.6 days) so all my money that doesn't go to bills and what not, goes to my music, so I haven't been able to build myself a new PC since 2005 (not that I haven't built any PC's since then, they jsut have all been for other people, I've been building PC's since I was 14, I'm 24 now) and so I was long over-due for building myself a new Rig, and it was such a nice Rig too, it handle everything I threw at it, but Obviously I hadn't had the chance to throw Crysis at it, but I know it woulda been able to play on close to max settings, and be smooth as butter. But Luckily they didn't steal any of my guitar stuff, my games consoles (which I have a lot of those, Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and then all the old consoles I've owned since I was 5), and they didn't take any of my GF's stuff (which of course you know women, she has a lot of stuff, and between the two of us, we have a shit ton of stuff, if they woulda gotten all of our stuff, they would had a huge pay day lol), or our other electronics, like our 47" LG LCD, or my guns, they only took my computer. So I'm pretty sure it was someone who knew that I had it, cause they obviously came in there with the intent to just get the PC. But like I said, it coulda been worse. After the holidays, and my GF and I move, I'll be building myself a new PC that will be even better ! And at least, we have this nice laptop, and I still have my old PC for my Home Recording Studio, and even tho its a lil older, it still runs some of my favorite games (Like WoW, BF 2/1942, HL 2, CS:S, Doom 3, etc etc). Anyways, thanks for the fast replies, later peeps.

Last edited:
Wow...must've been someone you know who took it, like you said. Is there any way to physically track a PC like that (stories of people who tracked down their stolen iPhones are flashing through my head)? I wonder if there is software you can install to enable tracking? I'm sure something like this must exist...maybe a good idea for your next build. In fact, I may look at that for my PC. I was fortunate enough to win a PC last year, and I would lose my mind if it was taken from me.

No i dont thinl so cause the only reason you can do that with phones like the iphone/droid x/droid 2, is because they have gps chips. They should start putting those in certain PC components like the mobo or cpu, same thing with laptops. Some type of pc low-jack lol what pisses me off is i dont get how any of my faggot ass neighbors didnt notice someone walking out of my apartment with my pc, that wasnt me or my gf. Cause they know its just my gf and i that live there. Thats what i get for trying to save money and move into a cheap apartment complex. Its a lot of imigrants in this complex. Were like the only white people and the only people that were actually born here and arent here illegally (not that im racist) im just meaning that in places where theres lots of illegal immigrants everyone keeps there mouths shut even of they see someone getting murdered. Were moving at the end of the month to a condo with security. This coulda been a lot worse and i swear if someone ever touches my guitars or amps or my woman, i will spend the rest of my life in prison for murder lol

So did you by this laptop for you or your GF? Cause from the opening post it sounds like you bought it for you but just told your GF it was for her lol!

Back