Crysis Warhead being a memory hog

I imagine it's simply making full use of the RAM available.

On a 2 gig machine it will probably cache less stuff.

I've got a second 4 GB set coming today. 8 GB FTW!

Also, I don't care how much memory it uses, as long as it doesn't require more than I have.

ahh shiz, now that you guys mention it i think NOW is the time to shift to 64 bit. Dammit, why did i not install 64 bit in the first place.

I say it's about time, bring it on.
I want to put this 4 GB of RAM to good use outside of multi-tasking.

I remember that running Crysis in DX9 mode tended to use more memory over the DX10 path due to the memory management. Though it certainly makes the 64-bit OS owners finally show off their e-peens

This caught my eye:

The framerate was constantly above 41.

On a machine such as this:

The test PC was a high-end system with a Core 2 Extreme QX9770, four GiByte DDR3 1333 RAM and a Geforce GTX 260. According to the information delivered, Crysis Warhead was running in DX 9 mode only. Anti Aliasing was inactive and the resolution was set to 1,152 x 864.

lolwut? That doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over Crysis and its "sh*t code" everyone talks about when people today can say they have those rates on their current systems with Crysis.

No AA? Super low Res? DX9? Um...looks like another slideshow nightmare again...

Great. Well, in 2010, I'll have to dig out my copy again and play it with some AA.

Haw, and they said this one was going to be made properly.

I've learnt from my mistakes - having paid for Crysis, I won't be doing the same for Warhead or any other Crysis iteration.

I just hope someone gives this a good custom config like they did for Crysis I got great gameplay (didn't check fps) while it looked phenomenal. I also enjoyed crysis quite a bit. one of the few single person fps I've played more than once.

I've learnt from my mistakes - having paid for Crysis, I won't be doing the same for Warhead or any other Crysis iteration.

Same here, I won't be buying this until it hits the bargain bin. Terrible that they feel they no longer need to work on or patch Crysis.

QFT

After reading the article in PC gamer, about a ~500$ system being able to "max out" Crysis warhead, and looking over the hardware for said system, which for some reason did not include a motherboard, but did use an 8600GT I stayed far, far away from this game.

WOW! Hamidxa hasn't shown up here to beat down all you nay-sayers?:eek:

I can play Crysis at 50fps max (most of the time hanging at 50) with everything on high at 16x10. I already pre-ordered the game. I will let you guys now how it goes.

WOW! Hamidxa hasn't shown up here to beat down all you nay-sayers?:eek:

He's probably out picking up Cevat's laundry.

hahaha (well played) :p

I lol'd. :D

Oh, and don't worry, I'll have a custom config ready for you guys that will allow you to play it with a 30-40% performance boost over the standard config while mostly retaining the same level of graphics (speaking of Very High settings of course).

We can all lol now, but you can thank me later. :)

ahh shiz, now that you guys mention it i think NOW is the time to shift to 64 bit. Dammit, why did i not install 64 bit in the first place.

Why does it matter? You could still use your 32bit OS and have ~3.5GB addressable. I doubt this game will even break 2.5GB on the highest of settings...

But you have to bear in mind that Crytek got a lot of time for optimizations. We are anxious to see the final version.

Umm..Didnt this game go gold Friday??I am looking forward to it though..:)

hahaha (well played) :p

I lol'd. :D

Oh, and don't worry, I'll have a custom config ready for you guys that will allow you to play it with a 30-40% performance boost over the standard config while mostly retaining the same level of graphics (speaking of Very High settings of course).

We can all lol now, but you can thank me later. :)

Lookin forward to it! :D

I can play Crysis at 50fps max (most of the time hanging at 50) with everything on high at 16x10. I already pre-ordered the game. I will let you guys now how it goes.

I find it hard to believe. Running at 16x10 with HD4850 all hgih and 50fps constant. Hell, when I had HD4870 it would not do it. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe. Running at 16x10 with HD4850 all hgih and 50fps constant. Hell, when I had HD4870 it would not do it. :rolleyes:

I ran vanilla Crysis with 4870 on my crt, DX10 1600x1200 all on high.........just barely.....but it did it. Rarely saw 50 fps..........maybe if I looked at the sky.

Back