CS:Source unavailable

Sorry to bring this up yet again, but the issues still have not gone away. After every restart, counter strike source refuses to start and says the game is currently unavailable. Each time I have to delete both blob files and verify integrity of game files. Sometimes even this doesn't work. Using W7 64 bit, all drivers and everything up to date. Does anyone have a permanent solution to this retarded bug?

Only had this problem once, opened task manager and noticed hl2.exe was still running.
I just killed the process and the game started right back up.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Verifying the game files should make sure that all the files are proper, but I think it's still worth giving reinstalling a shot.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Verifying the game files should make sure that all the files are proper, but I think it's still worth giving reinstalling a shot.

I've held off on reinstalling just because i hate reapplying all my settings and binds and whatnot, but it's pretty much necessary at this point. I will report back the next time I can't launch and get fed up.

I've held off on reinstalling just because i hate reapplying all my settings and binds and whatnot, but it's pretty much necessary at this point. I will report back the next time I can't launch and get fed up.

Backup your cfg files and you won't have to reconfigure everything.

Backup your cfg files and you won't have to reconfigure everything.

Ya, hell you can just back up the entire CSS folder if you want. That way you can replace all your sounds, maps, skins, mods, etc not have to worry about DLing everything when you connect to your fav servers. CSS has to be the easiest game to reinstall and configure the way you want..

Try going to settings on steam and turning off your in game community. I had this problem and that was what fixed it.

Back