CS Source Update (4/12/06)

Mr. Miyagi

2[H]4U
Steam said:
April 12, 2006 (current release)

Changes/Additions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Added HDR lighting to de_dust
~Added GSG9 and Arctic player models
~mproved lag compensation
~Unified client and server player anims
~Bot navigation files on disk are preferred over nav files embedded in bsps
~Bots can use drop-down ladders

Bug fixes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resized some crates in de_dust to fix players being able to peek over them

Aweseome! Playing now :D

H3d Case said:
Finally All 4 Player Models Again!!!!!!!

I Am At Peace At Last!

I second that statement!!!! Woot!!!

HDR in Dust pure awesome. I really want Italy in HDR though.

Improve Lag compensation. Not sure what exactly what that means but sounds good to me :D

Go Valve.

EDIT:

HDR looks like absolute shit on Dust. Its really bright and just plain horrible, IMO of course.

~Improved lag compensation

For some reason I just have a feeling that they probably made it worse....

time to rest on battlefield 2.. and start on CS again woot...

well I am disappointed.... with the HDR at least... I am running it fine, 1280x1024 4xaa 16xAF with HDR on...it doesn't look very good with HDR on DE_DUST at all lol, it's too dang bright :D although I am running it 50+ fps all the time...

xerus` said:
~Improved lag compensation

For some reason I just have a feeling that they probably made it worse....

I was surprised with this result, but it actually did seem better.

This update has made me all lagy when I jump/shoot/change weapons, Im getting 160+ fps, and ping is 10 -_-

Irishllama said:
This update has made me all lagy when I jump/shoot/change weapons, Im getting 160+ fps, and ping is 10 -_-

The server might need a restart. I joined one that was like that, the admin restarted and it was smooth. But yes, some servers do feel a little "jumpy".

w00t, as if CSS didn't look good enough already. Gonna play in a little while. Get your frag on!

dust looks dumb with hdr on, and the artic skin looks plain.... sigh just like the others. the only one i actually liked was the leet.

purple_haze said:
dust looks dumb with hdr on, and the artic skin looks plain.... sigh just like the others. the only one i actually liked was the leet.

agree with the HDR and new skin.

Im trying to remember now what maps have HDR?

dust
miltia
nuke

Any other map im missing?

Yeah, I think they made a mistake with the HDR on Dust. If you put just bloom in the HDR settings, the map is waaaaaaay too bright to the point its unplayable. However if you put it on full, then it looks fine, but it does drop performance by 10-15 FPS.

I think the new CT model looks funny. Looks like someone tore apart GI-Joe's and built their own GI-Joe out of the leftover parts :D

Back