Current 26" Monitor broke... Looking for good quality replacement (and maybe an HDTV)

potential

n00b
So I used to have a 26" LCD from Vizio that was surprisingly good. I used it for both console gaming, tv/movie watching, and internet browsing (and Photoshop work). Unfortunately last night I smelled something funny coming from the monitor, and now it doesn't work, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I heard about the Hanns 28" monitor and last night pulled the trigger on the Hanns·G HG-281DPB for around 360.00, though I unfortunately didn't see the Hanns·G HH-281HPB which is going for 300.00 on newegg and is supposedly better and cheaper.

So I did want a couple of opinions.... is the Hanns a good monitor for both lag free gameplay, high quality source watching, and high fidelity computer experience? Which of the models I cited is the best? Is there anything better on the market?

And also, I am looking to see if there is a good quality HDTV on the market... for instance I was going to get the LG 32LH30 but I heard it no longer has the quality ips screens it did have.

Couldn't be that old is it? Warranty?
The warranty just ran out last month on my now just slightly older than 3yr BenQ 24". I don't even think 26"ers were out or even mainstream then. Mostly 24 and barely 30inchers.

Back