"Current-gen will last until 2012", according to Crytek

I do not understand why people do not realize why the mass gaming market has attached itself to consoles and XBL.

If microsoft took XBL and something like Xfire and merged them into a PC gaming community and had developers create games that could scale from one spectrum to the next then they would have a powerful market that would be untouched by any. Consoles would die a slow and painful death, Microsoft could even market a PC build for this community (like the Xbox).

The party system etc on XBL is un rivaled, in PC gaming you can not even be sure that you will be on the same team.

You make it sound like XBL is the reason consoles are so successful. It sounds like you're the one that doesn't realize why the mass market has attached itself to consoles. Sure it's a selling point of the 360, but PS3's selling point is hardly the community, and the Wii, despite being the best selling of the three, hardly has a community at all. The main reason is that the general consumer goes for the no hassle, cheaper solution, and consoles offered that. Fast forward a decade, now consoles are more widespread than PCs and developers are going to go to where the money is. That's not to say there isn't money in the PC market, look at WoW. Apart from the WoW market though, there just isn't as much.

its all about marketing, in us and japan nintendo starts marketing console games in early 80 last century, im from europe and dont even know what nintendo is, here is all about PC like you go to shop and 3/4 or more is PC games, sometimes is only PC maybe european are just clever and dont buy into this shit of casual lazy couch gaming for whole family hahaha FAT ON!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the logic behind this that a few others seem to be praising this thought about. Why upgrade if your not going to be amazed? If your amazed already, why do you need to upgrade?

"This game looks fucking great! I need to upgrade...to...get...um...something else?"

Well, that's the cycle of PC games.

Almost every year (maximum 2 years) comes out a title which demands the best hardware to play at the best settings.

These titles push the envelope, and require similar graphics cards in kind.

Well, that's the cycle of PC games.

Almost every year (maximum 2 years) comes out a title which demands the best hardware to play at the best settings.

These titles push the envelope, and require similar graphics cards in kind.

problem is that none of the pc games that push the envelope in the recent generation are terribly good. crysis looked good, however the game itself was a buggy mess and it lacked that 'gotta have it' ability to drive hardware sales.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

problem is that none of the pc games that push the envelope in the recent generation are terribly good. crysis looked good, however the game itself was a buggy mess and it lacked that 'gotta have it' ability to drive hardware sales.

Crysis is easily one of the best games this "gen". I experienced zero bugs when playing. The reason there are no "good" games pushing the envelope are

1. People bitch about not being able to play games maxed out on outdated hardware (see crysis)
2. Consoles are holding back graphical prowess in games

Crysis is easily one of the best games this "gen". I experienced zero bugs when playing.

I would likely not even put Crysis in my top 5 FPS games for the last few years. I thought it was a medicore game (that got worse farther into the game) with pretty graphics.

i thought the game was fun and the pretty graphics should made it even more enjoyable

I enjoyed crysis and warhead aside from the graphics, which look amazing.

its all about marketing, in us and japan nintendo starts marketing console games in early 80 last century, im from europe and dont even know what nintendo is, here is all about PC like you go to shop and 3/4 or more is PC games, sometimes is only PC maybe european are just clever and dont buy into this shit of casual lazy couch gaming for whole family hahaha FAT ON!

you sure your from europe? nintendo is well known in europe and PC gaming is just as low as in other continents in the world. what you smoking?? :D

Not sure why people give consoles so much credit. That's like talking about how superior Macs or how nice an HP is compared to building your own computers. They're all computers, it just comes down to where your intersts lie.

How many games that have previously come out on PC are no long playable on PC (rhetorical). I can even get emulations to play half the console games out there.

If you never bought consoles and games to augment your PC and spent that money on a damn PC upgrades you wouldn't be whining about PCs costing so much, instead you'd be playing cutting edge games on your PC as they arrive. Which would further spur developers to push the limits.

I'm a die-hard PC fan, not because consoles are bad, but because I hardly see a reason to buy a mac or a HP; I want control, I want to say whom I give my money to (each piece of hardware I buy is a vote, unlike ANY console hardware which is up to the brand).

I want the sort of independence that has spurred devolopers to bring about games and augmentations like the success of Half-Life. How many addons, mods do you have for your console games? And if you do have a mod/addon, of those how many of those did you have to go to your PC to get?

I would likely not even put Crysis in my top 5 FPS games for the last few years. I thought it was a medicore game (that got worse farther into the game) with pretty graphics.

Sucks for you then

I kind of do agree, but there will definitely be games that are constantly pushing the most up to date hardware for PCs.

But the 360 andPS3 have done a really good job keeping up with PCs in terms of hardware. The games look almost as good as their PC counter parts (CoD 4 ect.).

I kind of do agree, but there will definitely be games that are constantly pushing the most up to date hardware for PCs.

But the 360 andPS3 have done a really good job keeping up with PCs in terms of hardware. The games look almost as good as their PC counter parts (CoD 4 ect.).

no way man COD4 looks loads better on PC versus xbox/ps3

I agree that there are some stellar looking games on consoles, but if they decide to drag out this gen of consoles due to whatever reasons it will start to look pretty bad very quickly.

By the way if the current generation only lasts until 2012, that means developers have to start making launch titles for the new consoles. So we could start getting better PC games in short order.

You obviously don't realize the reason consoles appear to be keeping up in game visual quality is due to the developers not producing games that really push pc all that much aside from crysis and warhead (1-2years ago). If they put out a game that was that much better then cryengine 2 today as cryengine 2 was in 2007 then the pc market would certainly spur come the new release of graphics hardware in the coming months. ATI and Nvidia are droping their mid range card price to hit the most consumers and the cards are awesome none the less.

Consoles have always held PCs back when it comes to multi-platorm games. Typically the PC gets the most f'd up port

Back