Custom bios for 980

bigbeard86

Limp Gawd
Hi all. Today I managed to finish mounting the g10 brackets on my new 980s. On stock volts, under load, the temps don't break 35c. Now I want to see how far I can push these cards in overclocking, and was wondering if there are any bios out there to increase tdp. I ask this because I heard the 980 will reach power limits easily once I add more volts. How true is this, and how much voltage can I generally add before I hit a tdp wall?

The gpus are asus 980 matrix

Same here, just received my 980s and trying to understand the bios settings. I'm curious if increasing the tdp alone allows for higher clocks without increasing voltage ?

Same here, just received my 980s and trying to understand the bios settings. I'm curious if increasing the tdp alone allows for higher clocks without increasing voltage ?

It can, but the main benefit is that it can reduce or completely eliminate throttling.

The more important bios modification it the increase in the minimum voltage state under full 3D clock.

Yeah it looks like voltage increase is the way to go. Now if I could only get gpuz to stop freezing my system when trying to save the stock bios.

Back