Custom PC Build

jstenuf

2[H]4U
My son wants a new PC, but the last thing he would consider is building his own. He is an avid gamer and movie watcher. I would offer to build it for him, but he lives 2000 away miles from me. He asked me about some of the Custom PC builders, but I do not have enough knowledge to recommend one over another. I would appreciate any recommendations/advice to help him select a custom PC builder.

I had my system built by Max Force PC over two years ago,haven't had a single complaint. Their prices are among the best,you can select any components you want,the build quality is excellent,and all systems come with a 3 year warranty.

or u can find some good builder here or on other forum, tell them where you live and where your son lives (they don't need address just a zip should do) and you can pick out the parts add it up and let the builder know what it'll cost him and stuff, your son can pay him +little more for building the PC (which price should be consider with you and the builder) and which will be easy for both you and your son. as far as warranty goes, majority of the manufacture offers least 3 year warranty so your son should be cover for that.

Puget Systems is also a pretty good system builder.

Avoid Cyberpower and iBuypower since those two are well known for low quality of construction and support.

In my experience Maingear is excellent, I have been pleased by them. I would also look at Digital Storm, although I have no experience with them.

cant build him one then mail it to him?

i wouldnt mind building a pc for him

I have had my Max Force PC comp for a little over 2 years. When the video card burnt up, he sent a new one immediately and I stuck the old one in the box and sent it back...all on their dime. Part of the 3 year warranty that comes standard with their machines.

They were the cheapest by far when I was shopping back then and their build quality according to a lot of us in this subforum who have purchased from them is top notch. I haven't read about anything negative aimed at them since I first heard of them a few years ago.

Puget is very, very good but they are very expensive...at least they were when I was shopping.

Maingear is good but make sure to check out their warranty...It used to be one year and you paid extra to get further years.

Speaking of warranties, this is very important, considering your son is a ways away. Check out how they handle RMA's and what they provide. I think, in this situation(if not all purchases via boutique computer builders) it is very important to know what you're getting as far as support and warranty.

And what Danny Bui said...stay away from CyberPower and iBuyPower.

if it's ok with you jstenuf, I was curious if there is any recommendations for a more custom work? like what’s in the case mod worklogs

well if he lived by me id build it for him for free, i love building computers but cant get a job doing it lol.

how old is he? if he's 16+ he's totally capable of following directions and snap a bunch of pieces together... did you not let him play lego as a kid?? lol...

+1 on the build it and ship it to him. Shipping wouldn't be more than $50 across states. unless you're talking about a different country..

Back