Custom res on 7900GS

synaps3

Gawd
I recently got a 32" LCD TV that has a native res of 1366 x 768. My 7900GS won't output the resolution, so I have been running in 1280x720 with a black border around the edges. In the NVIDIA utility, I tried to enter 1366 x 768 as a custom resolution. When I click add, it says "The custom resolution input is invalid." How can I get my computer to output 1366x768 to use the whole panel?

Thanks.

how big are the bars.. have you tried using adjusting the overscan/underscan options? if they still have those options..

synaps3 said:
I recently got a 32" LCD TV that has a native res of 1366 x 768. My 7900GS won't output the resolution, so I have been running in 1280x720 with a black border around the edges. In the NVIDIA utility, I tried to enter 1366 x 768 as a custom resolution. When I click add, it says "The custom resolution input is invalid." How can I get my computer to output 1366x768 to use the whole panel?

Thanks.

Are you using DVI or analog? I had that exact same issue when I conencted my Dell 2407 via DVI, but then tried using analog, and it worked... I then put back the DVI connector and the new res worked. Its worth a try.

tHe_BiNk said:
First hit in google, this is too easy, do some research first before you ask a very simple question which has been ask a 1000x before, and for which you can find the answer within 1 sec on google.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/custom_resolutions.html
:D
That's the first thing I tried. Didn't work.

I'll try the powerstrip thing. Thanks for the link.

Bobby, I will try looking at and messing with over/underscan if powerstrip does't work.

retro, it is through analog.

Back