Custom Rig Specs--Any Problems?

DanMattia

Limp Gawd
Hello all, and my apologies if this post is in the wrong section--I figured this section was the most relevent.

I'm building a computer for one of my fellow clanmembers. He has an $1800 budget for the computer, and so I pieced together some hardware ideas and prices. As this is only the second custom rig I've selected hardware for, I'd like to know if it's a good choice/compatible.
This should equal $1660 with about $100 shipping, so it's underbudget.

What I'd like to know is: Would all this hardware be compatible and give him all the performance he needs?

Thanks!

I'd change the case to something non-Aspire (not too high-quality), change the 6800GT to a 7800GT for 10 bucks more, get some GSKILL Extreme for the RAM, and get the WD2500KS model, as it has more cache.

GForce64 said:
I'd change the case to something non-Aspire (not too high-quality), change the 6800GT to a 7800GT for 10 bucks more, get some GSKILL Extreme for the RAM, and get the WD2500KS model, as it has more cache.

Yeah, I would get a 7800gt and the G.Skill, and the cooler master centurions and praetorians are supposed to be good casewise.

Back