Custom Vertical Airflow Case

Hey everyone,

First off, what you all want to see, pics

This doesn't really belong in a worklog since it's just an idea at the moment, but here's a totally custom vertical airflow pc case that I've been working on. It's designed to accommodate an mATX board and long graphics cards while staying cool and quiet with a minimal footprint. It should fit tall coolers up to 160mm or a little more.

The frame will be made of welded steel and the sides are to be laser cut out of 1/8" Acrylic.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments, I'm trying to improve this before I get back to school and have access to tools to actually make this.

Thanks for the feedback and for stopping by to look!

It's very similar, but specific to my goals. I tried to minimize the footprint a little more and remove the need for having such an ugly plastic panel on the side. Of course it's also just a design and build project for me and a chance to have something custom for a bit less money :)

Do you happen to know the height they leave for cables at the top of the FT03 for bending the cables out the back? That's the one thing I don't know and don't really have all my cabling up here for my summer internship.

Back