Cutout my PC68 Side Panel

fLiPaChu

Gawd
What can i say, i got tired of my Kingwin KT436 being factory windowed... so i did my own with my other Lian Li! :D Comments please! I'm now 'officially' a case modder, yay.

flip

Kcutoutpics 001.jpg

Kcutoutpics 004.jpg

Kcutoutpics 003.jpg

Thanks goes to dr3vil for the uploader! also thanks goes out to those giving me those dremel tips, it all worked out great in the end :)

Very original! I like it!

Most windows you see on cases now are just plain squares or circles or ugly pre-mod X's or spider webs or some other stupid looking stuff, yours is very original and very well done

haha thanks guys, and a while back was like a couple days ago :). that's just the thing, originality was key here, dunno if you guys see the 'K' + the crown.. put the two together..? For the future, my watercooling system might go in there soon, that'll be some eye candy :p

flip

do you have any close ups? how'd you manage to make it look so straight? man cutting my girlfriend's shuttle cover is pretty rigid.... i'm trying to smooth it out, but it's tough.

hey guy, yeah, my straights are pretty damn straight for a handcut with a dremel going 25000rpm. my dad was surprised that it came out so straight. what i did was just put the whole panel on a workbench and TAPE it down on all sides with some masking, it wouldn't budge however i cut it :).

flip

edit: i might as well show you the 'worklog' in the next post, hope the mods don't move this =p.

Kcutout1.jpg

Kcutout5.jpg

Kcutout3.jpg

without drawing so many lines, i would be lost, i didn't even have to sand the straight parts after cutting (just slightly to make sure no one gets hurt), just be patient and yes, let the dremel cut :). the dots represent a reminder to me that i'm almost at the rounded corners and that i should stop dremeling straight.

flip

That is some good work there. Impressive. Major props to you.

Back