Cyberpunk 2077

I imagine that people are prepared to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt given the post release effort to fix the game and CDPR's acknowledgement that their reputation was seriously damaged.

Compare that to the likes of some other big publishers who couldn't give two fucks about how broken their games are and release a couple of half hearted patches to quell the rage knowing negative publicity will quickly die down once people move onto other things to be outraged about.
The amount of effort and dedication CDPR has put into Cyb post-release is commendable, the state of the game on launch aside. So far, Five major patches/point releases and close to Twenty minor patches/hotfixes. I still play the old game versions sometimes for funzies and the difference between 1.03 (launch day) and 1.63 is pretty major. Super excited for 2.0 and the expansion.

The amount of effort and dedication CDPR has put into Cyb post-release is commendable, the state of the game on launch aside. So far, Five major patches/point releases and close to Twenty minor patches/hotfixes. I still play the old game versions sometimes for funzies and the difference between 1.03 and 1.63 is pretty major. Super excited for 2.0 and the expansion.
I'm still pissed about the patch that was released in the middle of me playing it, that knocked down the price of a can of water from $20 to $7 smh.
I made so much loot off of just raiding cafes and tables.

I imagine that people are prepared to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt given the post release effort to fix the game and CDPR's acknowledgement that their reputation was seriously damaged.
I agree and I doubt people will be skeptical going into their next game. That's what I was saying.

I'm still pissed about the patch that was released in the middle of me playing it, that knocked down the price of a can of water from $20 to $7 smh.
I made so much loot off of just raiding cafes and tables.
Lol, remember the vending machine crafting exploit? In early versions, cans of soda could be disassembled for scrap- an easy money mining technique was to buy a shitton of sodas from the vending machines outside V's apartment, scrap them, craft a bunch of "common" tier sniper rifles from the components, sell them at the drop point by V's apartment, repeat indefenitely.

There's a lot of fun bugs that have been patched out... The Kereznikov dodge glitch has been modded back in but I miss the Katana flying exploit and abusing the slide fall glitch to avoid fall damage.

The thing that’s kind of bothering me about this update is the way all these gaming websites are focusing on the re-vamped policing system, as though having this feature shoe-horned into the game is somehow going to transform it.

First of all, if this feature was so vital, why is it being added almost 3 years after release? If you’re a gaming journalist shouldn’t you be questioning that?

But the truth is, Cyberpunk isn’t really that type of game to begin with - it’s not like GTA or Saint’s Row, and that should be obvious. If running around Night City shooting people randomly is your thing, and you want the cops to chase you, then you’re playing the wrong game.

Also, the fact that CDPR is attempting to revamp the entire skills system is basically an admission that they got it wrong in the first place. I mean… this is an rpg, and the entire skill system is now being re-worked three years after the game was released?

It seems kind of weird that nobody in the mainstream media is calling out CDPR about this? All I see are gaming websites promoting these new ‘features’.

If an RPG receives a Metacritc score of 86, and three years after the game is released the developer is overhauling the entire skills system, a major aspect of any rpg, then what does that say about the game and the people who critique these games?

Reactions: Down8
like this
It seems kind of weird that nobody in the mainstream media is calling out CDPR about this? All I see are gaming websites promoting these new ‘features’.
CDPR were previously raked over the coals for their screw ups so doing more of the same without a writer having their hands on the updated game I'm not sure would be a fair assessment, apart from just speculating whether it may or may not be impactful.

In terms of the skill tree being updated though they did part of this a few updates back but I'd imagine the new overhaul is likely due to the changes Phantom Liberty introduces. In The Witcher 3 for the Blood & Wine expansion they revamped the skills, as new features were introduced.

That said I think we all know that most gaming sites are just glorified blogs and often eager to publish tidbits from forums, press releases, etc as news for more content to click.

The thing that’s kind of bothering me about this update is the way all these gaming websites are focusing on the re-vamped policing system, as though having this feature shoe-horned into the game is somehow going to transform it.

First of all, if this feature was so vital, why is it being added almost 3 years after release? If you’re a gaming journalist shouldn’t you be questioning that?

But the truth is, Cyberpunk isn’t really that type of game to begin with - it’s not like GTA or Saint’s Row, and that should be obvious. If running around Night City shooting people randomly is your thing, and you want the cops to chase you, then you’re playing the wrong game.

Also, the fact that CDPR is attempting to revamp the entire skills system is basically an admission that they got it wrong in the first place. I mean… this is an rpg, and the entire skill system is now being re-worked three years after the game was released?

If an RPG receives a Metacritc score of 86, and three years after the game is released the developer is overhauling the entire skills system, a major aspect of any rpg, then what does that say about the game and the people who critique these games?
It's been called out, your just angry ranting.

CDPR and CP2077 have been called out, the backlash is still the single largest backlash in the industry, lawsuits, extended refunds, pulling it entirely from the playstation. CDPR aso put a lot of work into fixing it over the years, with this being both the culmination of their fixes and an expansion.

If this was an EA product they would have just burried it and moved on.

Face it, nothing would please you.

The skill system at release was a bit odd, and more traditional RPG. Most upgrades did very little. You would do something like 0.8% more damage with pistols. That doesn't change gameplay in any meaningful way, it just some how makes hand guns magically better? Some upgrades did get better but it was a bit dated overall. Then an update revamped and we have to reset our skills, I do not recall exactly what that changed. I am not too sure what the newest revamp does, but if the upgrades are more meaningful that would be nice.

The police system in the original game wasn't really there. You could just run or drive away fast. Police would spawn right behind you. Gradually they made it less obvious and police would spawn further away. I assume the upcoming changes will make it more like a GTA game. I think the original plan was something along those lines, although the "threat level" would gradually stay high until you did things like side gigs to pay off the police to lower your threat level. Again, not something we haven't seen in games before.

Personally I think they just needed to fix spawns, make police pursue a little bit. Going further than that just becomes tedious and old and makes "side quests" not really optional.

Last edited:

Compare that to the likes of some other big publishers who couldn't give two fucks about how broken their games are and release a couple of half hearted patches to quell the rage knowing negative publicity will quickly die down once people move onto other things to be outraged about.
The expansion is definitely not going to be the "day one Cyberpunk experience" in case that's what skeptics are thinking (or secretly hoping for?)

From all the gameplay footage of the expansion so far, it's evident that it's a content expansion on the game's current evolved and refined state, and according to devs, a lot of the refinements of the base game are the byproduct of the work on the DLC.

This seems a bit glass-half-empty. From seeing a few developer panel livestreams, part of their thinking seems to be that because the game has been out long enough - and many fans have played through it enough times- that a shakeup of the skill system can make the game feel fresh again for people with a lot of game hours. Works for me.

This seems a bit glass-half-empty. From seeing a few developer panel livestreams, part of their thinking seems to be that because the game has been out long enough - and many fans have played through it enough times- that a shakeup of the skill system can make the game feel fresh again for people with a lot of game hours. Works for me.
Can you link me to a video where the developer actually says this? I’m genuinely surprised by this.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Update and Phantom Liberty Can Cause Heating Issues...90% 8-Core CPU Workload Expected

According to CD Projekt Red's lead scene programmer, Filip Pierściński, the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update can cause heating issues...that's what the programmer said on Twitter yesterday...as expressed by Pierściński, next month's 2.0 update and the Phantom Liberty expansion will push your rig extensively with an expected workload of 90% on modern eight-core CPUs

"Before release CP2077 2.0 and PL please check conditions of your cooling systems in PC", the programmer wrote on Twitter. "We use all [that] you have, so workload on CPU 90% on 8 core is expected. To save your time please run Cinebench or similar and check [the] stability of your systems"...

https://twitter.com/FilipPierciski/status/1701335603856462165

I don't recall them saying this. However, the skill tree system was flawed as hell given that you could end up stupidly OP enough to make the game feel trivial even on the hardest difficulty setting. A lot of that was due to how those skill trees were built. They've done some work on that regard, but not enough.

Night City Wire is coming back this Thursday at 15:00 UTC. It will include a discussion with Idris Elba.

https://x.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1701584129832239455
https://nitter.privacydev.net/cyberpunkgame/status/1701584129832239455

1694535967486.png

Night City Wire is coming back this Thursday at 15:00 UTC. It will include a discussion with Idris Elba...

so most likely the 2.0 update will be dropping on Thursday as well...so it'll give me a week and a half to complete the CP2077 base game for the first time before the Phantom Liberty expansion hits on Sept 26th

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
so most likely the 2.0 update will be dropping on Thursday as well...so it'll give me a week and a half to complete the CP2077 base game for the first time before the Phantom Liberty expansion hits on Sept 26th

You don't need to complete the base game to access the new content. With the changes they've made, an new game might be a very different experience.

You don't need to complete the base game to access the new content. With the changes they've made, an new game might be a very different experience.

yes but I just want to complete the game once with the 2.0 update as a way to save time...otherwise playing both the base game and the Phantom Liberty expansion on the 26th would be a much bigger time sink...I hear the base game by itself can be pretty long if you take your time and explore everything

"Before release CP2077 2.0 and PL please check conditions of your cooling systems in PC", the programmer wrote on Twitter. "We use all [that] you have, so workload on CPU 90% on 8 core is expected. To save your time please run Cinebench or similar and check [the] stability of your systems"...

"Follow-up to my previous tweet. My intention was to highlight the need to maintain your cooling systems and check them regularly. Neither Cyberpunk 2077 after 2.0 nor Phantom Liberty will melt your PCs. Game will perform well on recommended hardware"...

https://twitter.com/FilipPierciski/status/1701608550693495158

I bought it at release and have tried it for about 30 minutes four or five times, guess I will have to reinstall and try it again with 2.0. They just never made it anywhere as good as Witcher 3 and I couldn't get into it.

I bought it at release and have tried it for about 30 minutes four or five times, guess I will have to reinstall and try it again with 2.0. They just never made it anywhere as good as Witcher 3 and I couldn't get into it.
That is the same thing that happened with me...in reverse. On paper everything about the Witcher 3 is something I should like. I just can't get into it.
Cyberpunk hooked me from the start.

yes but I just want to complete the game once with the 2.0 update as a way to save time...otherwise playing both the base game and the Phantom Liberty expansion on the 26th would be a much bigger time sink...I hear the base game by itself can be pretty long if you take your time and explore everything
If you do everything, the base game takes roughly a 120 or so hours to complete. That's without significant dialog skipping or taking shortcuts to get out of some of the quests faster by killing the quest giver or something like that.
That is the same thing that happened with me...in reverse. On paper everything about the Witcher 3 is something I should like. I just can't get into it.
Cyberpunk hooked me from the start.
It's the same for me. I couldn't get into any of the Witcher games but Cyberpunk 2077 captured my interest immediately. That's why I've got over 600 hours in it now.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Update and Phantom Liberty Can Cause Heating Issues...90% 8-Core CPU Workload Expected

According to CD Projekt Red's lead scene programmer, Filip Pierściński, the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update can cause heating issues...that's what the programmer said on Twitter yesterday...as expressed by Pierściński, next month's 2.0 update and the Phantom Liberty expansion will push your rig extensively with an expected workload of 90% on modern eight-core CPUs

Nice to see a game fully utilize all your hardware.

Same here about The Witcher 3… I tried so hard to like it, but the combat just completely turned me off.

Cyberpunk, though, gripped me, despite its ten thousand flaws. I love it that they keep kicking at the cat. I think that this is it though.

Hopefully some of the CPU power will go towards improving CPU-bound performance, and not just get eaten up by the new game systems. Improving asset decompression perf would go a long way towards reducing microstuttering.
Regardless, my tuned-up 5950X is ready ^_^

I haven't seen anything about whether the 2.0 patch will include FSR3 FrameGen but I really hope so. I have four days off starting Thursday and I'd love to spend some of that time doing tests to compare how my 3090Ti and 7900XT do with the new tech (and actually playing the game, I guess... But after 1000+ hours my gameplay has kind of devolved into mostly modded parkour running and endless performance tuning lol)

I haven't seen anything about whether the 2.0 patch will include FSR3 FrameGen but I really hope so.
CD projekt Red were in their list of support partner and cyberpunk in their list of 12 first games that will have FSR 3, which was announced to be a september release so maybe.

But the announcement was that it would Forspoken-immortals at first and in the future to other title, and those have yet to have a patch for it.

I was hoping they would drop it today

Me too friendo.... Me too

I was def looking forward to a weekend of Cyberpunk 2.0 / Starfield / Diablo III Season 29. (my bag of Albanese gummy bears in the cupboard cowers at the thought heh)

Me too friendo.... Me too

I was def looking forward to a weekend of Cyberpunk 2.0 / Starfield / Diablo III Season 29. (my bag of Albanese gummy bears in the cupboard cowers at the thought heh)

on the bright side, I can play Lies of P instead...

Way more impressed than I expected to be, but I've also avoided gameplay footage of 2.0.

1. I don't recall graphics looking THAT good playing this early-2022 with RT on with a 3090. The combat, melee and just overall graphics in the Solo Slugger Build video looks next level, and beyond what I remember playing.

2. Finally MaxTac will have a proper place in the game; it was sorely missed as an existential FAFO (fuck around & find out) foil like the prologue of the game hinted at. Even if they just duplicated the star wanted system of GTA5 EDIT: welp looks like they copied the GTA wanted system!

3. I don't remember bi-ped mechs, but even if they're not new to 2.0 they look like fun.

This expansion went from "I'll get around to playing I'm sure it'll be good" to "I'm dropping everything".

Last edited:
Last time I played it was on a 7 year old system with a 1080. New computer with a 4080, looking forward to this.
This has been an excellent year for gaming. I don't remember the last time I had so many games fighting for my time.

I'm recalling there is so much extraordinary dialog in the game, so much talent in the writing department - and the expansion looks like it will only continue that forward - but my favorite quote of the entire game:

"You will miss the Night City you imagined was there. The city you had hoped. The city they had promised. The city that was a lie."

--Panam Palmer

Last edited:
Forget Phantom Liberty, Cyberpunk 2077's free 2.0 patch is a staggering upgrade on its own

This is not the RPG you played in 2020

CD Projekt Red has done full-body surgery on Cyberpunk's RPG fundamentals: perks, stats, weapons, cyberware and mods...very little from Cyberpunk's old trees have survived in 2.0, and the new ones replacing them are very exciting...Just a few hours in, I'm seeing a genuine build develop for my V that's distinct from the other perk paths...that's something I couldn't really say about my last two maxed-out playthroughs...for the first time in Cyberpunk, I'm fretting over two possible unlocks that both sound really cool instead of half-heartedly throwing points at minor boosts knowing I'll barely notice a change

It's like CDPR has finally uncorked Cyberpunk's potential as an FPS RPG, and figured out that making V a total badass is OK

• You can buy cars online now: V's days of having to manually travel to cars before buying them are over. Cars are for sale via online catalogs at most computer terminals, and that includes cars with mounted machine guns (missile launcher cars are exclusive to Phantom Liberty)
  • Cops act more like cops: Night City's old teleporting police force was so hilariously silly that I'm almost sad they're gone. In its place is a five-star noteriety system ripped straight from a Rockstar game. Cops give chase, call for backup, and yell at you for shooting their friends. I drove around causing a ruckus until I had four stars, then I action slid out of my car and got ran over by a cop
  • You can pet cats now: I think this is new. I pet a random cat on the street, separate from the one you can get to live in V's apartment
https://www.pcgamer.com/forget-phan...-20-patch-is-a-staggering-upgrade-on-its-own/

This is not the RPG you played in 2020

If this is the case then some of us got 2 games for the price of one 😂

Back