Cyberpunk 2077

Yeah those are very strange numbers if DLSS is meant to have been enabled.

Edit: checked the TechPowerUp forum comments and... the numbers are accurate? :confused:

So I haven't played CB in like a year or so, my character finished the main story and was left with a bunch of sidequests.

Question

I am thinking of buying it again, but on Steam @ $29, as I'm not a fan of Epic Game Store, and if I buy on Steam it would be a new game then, starting from scratch. And per the Forbes article, that guy is a huge fan of the 2.0 update and PL, but he says start the game now with 2.0 and then do PL.

Would you recommend I start a fresh brand new game, but now it will be version 2.0.

Depends on how much you enjoyed OG game. If you have capacity to try and replay then good for you. For me, I tried replaying OG game 4 times but never got into it again. I am jumping into PL directly and kicking shit up w/ Elba.

So I haven't played CB in like a year or so, my character finished the main story and was left with a bunch of sidequests.

Question

I am thinking of buying it again, but on Steam @ $29, as I'm not a fan of Epic Game Store, and if I buy on Steam it would be a new game then, starting from scratch. And per the Forbes article, that guy is a huge fan of the 2.0 update and PL, but he says start the game now with 2.0 and then do PL.

Would you recommend I start a fresh brand new game, but now it will be version 2.0.
I will be starting new and fresh. Gameplay is just so much fun.

my question is, my first time playing the game will be with Update 2.0...I hear the Phantom Liberty expansion takes place during the main campaign...so what is the best time to start the expansion missions?...it's best to not finish the main campaign before starting Phantom Liberty, so after what mission in the base game should I start the expansion?

In which moment of the game does Phantom Liberty start?

The new storyline will unlock after you finish the Transmission quest where you encounter Maman Brigitte from Voodoo Boys. Songbird will reach out to you!

If you have already finished the quest or the game — Songbird will contact you shortly after you turn the game on. And if you haven’t played Cyberpunk 2077 at all and want to dive straight into the expansion — you will be able to do that from the main menu...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1704807264517836913

I'm gonna be doing a fresh character when I get phantom liberty, i might be waiting a few weeks though, I still have a massive backlog of other recent titles to go through and I have a feeling that a few hotfix patches are gonna follow the main 2.0 release.

I'm gonna be doing a fresh character when I get phantom liberty, i might be waiting a few weeks though, I still have a massive backlog of other recent titles to go through and I have a feeling that a few hotfix patches are gonna follow the main 2.0 release.
They always do! :rolleyes: It's tradition at this point for new Cyberpunk patches to get a patch for the patch.

K, updated to the new Nvidia driver and then ran the game real quick....

Thankfully the game didn't revert all my settings, so I guess I took all those screen-caps last night for nothin' heh

Anyways, ran the benchmark along with my bench-save (where Jackie is driving us in the car across the city at the beginning of the game).... Thankfully, if anything, it appears performance has SLIGHTLY improved!

- After my rig getting bent over in Starfield, it's nice to see this still running so well even with the new system requirements.

(Running 1080p/FSR2 Quality/All Setting High except Crowd Density at Medium = STEADY 60 fps locked)

(y) Good stuff!

I loaded up the new 2.0 patch.. Aimed my gun at a cop.. And nothing happened lol. Thought this was suppose to be fixed lol

Have they said if you can just play Phantom Liberty, kind of like TW3 expansions? Haven't been able to keep up with all the gaming news.

Ok well all I have to say is WOW, one thing none of the reviews or previews have mentioned so far is that vehicle handling, vehicle sounds etc have been revamped massively too. Silverhand's Porsche 911 now have exhaust flames as the gears change, it actually has turbo blow off valve noises and the engines all sound different too. The handling feels like you would now expect. Some of the other cars I have in my existing save also sound much better with super charger whine and other handling revamps too.

You also now have 3 levels of camera view when driving instead of the old 2 levels.

This is a game changer alone for me as I absolutely love the cars in this and now the one bug I had with the game where only one car was decent handling is completely sorted with update 2.0 :D

Police fights with the cars are also super fun, I only had a quick blast around on my old save and this is what I managed to get up to lol:

You know that feeling when a new GTA game came out and all you did was fanny about with the police an d wanted system? It now essentially feels like that in a MUCH MUCH fancier suit :cool:

View: https://youtu.be/Oqq8N_CbcQA

• Removed the silencer slot from Revolvers.
  • Removed the scope slot from Light Machine Guns.

I am a bit puzzled by these. Most revolvers in the real world can't use suppressors I get that, but in this sci fi game I don't see why it is a problem. I'm sure there can be some sci fi revolver with a seal cylinder.

And no scopes for machine guns? That is odd, I am fairly certain I used them frequently in Cyberpunk. Do they just mean magnified scopes or all red dots? In either case I don't see why they would remove them. Scopes are essentially standard issue for light machine guns in the real world.

As much as this sounds like a complaint it isn't meant to be one, more like observing what I've seen since starting a new game today. I've noticed some small bugs here and there like textures stretching into the 9th dimension on dead bodies, but I liked the new car sounds a lot and the driving is much improved (albeit suspiciously similar to a mod I was using before). The new skill tree seems cool, etc.

However. Enemies take SO MANY SHOTS to die. Even the most basic bitch gonks take 4-5 headshots even on "very easy". I keep running out of ammo because these guys eat lead like its Corn Flakes. Why was this necessary? I get some of the heavily armored/modded guys but the most common goons can face-tank shotgun shells? Ok.

I was pretty excited for the new police system, then I went to see Dexter's fat ass and there is always a firefight going on right by his car that is a nice spot to get some early loot. Sure enough, there they are engaged in heavy combat with the police so I run up and shoot one of them a few times. Now I have a wanted star, and the cops all completely ignore the gang members still actively trying to kill them and swarm me instead. Can't we at least get a fine like Skyrim? Does helping the cops with some goons really warrant this kind of reaction? Later on I was doing once of the NCPD dispatches and some cop on patrol came after me for solving the problem they put on the map for me to fix in the first place.

I like a lot of the improvements but these two things stick out like a sore thumb. I don't even mind the level scaling but guys wearing dirty wife beaters shouldn't take shots like like iron man.

I am hoping a 7900xtx will run it well at 4k

4k might be a stretch. But you can tap around the 50's @ 1440p with FSR 2 @ Quality. But you have to mod the PathTracing to 1xRay, 1xBounce and RIS to pull it off.

This mod lets you do that.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8059

and you can improve FSR2's quality considerably by using this mod...
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7445
Also it's instructions can be followed to enable a form of FSR 2 Native AA... which is also handy if you just want an Anti-Alasing alternative.

Last edited:
4k might be a stretch. But you can tap around the 50's @ 1440p with FSR 2 @ Quality. But you have to mod the PathTracing to 1xRay, 1xBounce and RIS to pull it off.

This mod lets you do that.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8059

and you can improve FSR2's quality considerably by using this mod...
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7445
Also it's instructions can be followed to enable a form of FSR 2 Native AA... which is also handy if you just want an Anti-Alasing alternative.
I don't recommend removing a bounce. It drastically affects the image quality and makes the game look half finished. Better off going to one of the standard ray tracing modes.

On my computer rig ( system specs in my signature below ) the game runs really smooth for me

I have a totally maxed out ultra settings. All RT ray tracing enabled. Except those brand new settings, those two at their very bottom of the video options. I tried those and holy cow immediately brought my system down to a crawl like single digit frames. Turned those off, but have everything else enabled and the game is super smooth and it looks amazing

It's funny my wife came down to the computer room, she's like holy cow what game is that? It looks photo realistic. She's not a gamer whatsoever. Doesn't care about that stuff and she was even surprised at how real Cyberpunk looks

Plus it is just nice to be back in this world. I forgot what a cool setting and characters they have in CB, it's a fun game world to be inside.

Last edited:
I don't recommend removing a bounce. It drastically affects the image quality and makes the game look half finished. Better off going to one of the standard ray tracing modes.

It allows you to tune it, allowing slower hardware to get a far more playable experience. It also lets you push the PathTracing harder if you want to see how far it can go and add more rays and bounces :D

Last edited:
how much did they pay Keanu Reeves and Idris Elba for their appearances in the game?...maybe they got some tax breaks being a Polish developer but this looks like a crazy expensive game

So, after some more testing, Ray Reconstruction is far from perfect. In my opinion, everything below 4K + DLSS quality should be ignored. At lower DLSS levels, the image appears, apart from the significantly stronger ghosting, as if a certain cartoon filter were applied. Just like you know from an app:

[https://play-lh.googleusercontent.c...1DG9nZt3QZg7aXbYlhpuX4ec3U58UE8EcmUbCf1ZmnEc8]

Of course it's an extreme example, but I immediately thought of it.

This is particularly noticeable with DLSS Ultra Performance.

With 4K + DLSS quality I can still see some of it, but far far less. Overall for me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantagess at 4K DLSS quality, so I will definitely use it when playing Phantom Liberty.

The AI behind RR still has to learn a little bit more I guess ;)

So, after some more testing, Ray Reconstruction is far from perfect. In my opinion, everything below 4K + DLSS quality should be ignored. At lower DLSS levels, the image appears, apart from the significantly stronger ghosting, as if a certain cartoon filter were applied. Just like you know from an app:

[https://play-lh.googleusercontent.c...1DG9nZt3QZg7aXbYlhpuX4ec3U58UE8EcmUbCf1ZmnEc8]

Of course it's an extreme example, but I immediately thought of it.

This is particularly noticeable with DLSS Ultra Performance.

With 4K + DLSS quality I can still see some of it, but far far less. Overall for me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantagess at 4K DLSS quality, so I will definitely use it when playing Phantom Liberty.

The AI behind RR still has to learn a little bit more I guess ;)
I agree I tested it out yesterday and DLSS Quality@4K was the only setting that Ray Reconstruction looked decent with. Might test out higher res DLSS with DLSS tweaks tonight if I need a break from Lies of P.

Ray Reconstruction is ok, but its in the early stages, kind of like DLSS1 was just ok. It should improve within a few years.

Last edited:
I agree I tested it out yesterday and DLSS Quality@4K was the only setting that Ray Reconstruction looked decent with. Might test out higher res DLSS with DLSS tweaks tonight if I need a break from Lies of P.

Ray Reconstruction is ok, but its in the early stages, kind of like DLSS1 was just ok. It should improve within a few years.
Alex called it posterization, here at 20:30:

View: https://youtu.be/hhAtN_rRuQo?t=1231

From my testing it can vary pretty greatly by scene and in the distance it's easier to spot IMO. Nevertheless, I will use RR at 4K DLSS quality for sure. Not a bad start like it was with DLSS1 IMO. Edit: Although, if I would not have a 4090 I would not be ok with RR atm.

Last edited:
I tested with with higher render scales via DLSS Tweaks. It breaks the denoiser, the image looks very noisy doing it. It will be interesting if someone in the modding community can implement some sort of work around for this.

Alex called it posterization, here at 20:30:
Lowing image sharpening kind of resolves this effect. I'm testing right now and I actually really like the image quality with sharpening at 0. My only major complaint with RR is that in low lit areas the faces blur pretty bad. The trans woman in Afterlife.. her face looks better with the original denoiser than with RR. I hope this is fixed soon, because the more I test out RR, the more I like it. Still at DLSS Quality@4K only, the image quality loss is apparent at anything lower.

With DLSS performance her face actually starts looking like a poorly encoded video, DLSS Ultra Performance is actually hilariously bad.

Back