D-Link DGL-4500 Boost signal?

Syntaxx

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone got any tips of a way I can boost the wireless signal of my D-Link DGL-4500 Gamer Lounge? I'm in a one story house and some spots of the house have low signal like 1 to 2 bars at best. I'd like to try to increase it. Any settings or additional hardware I can add would be helpful? Are there bigger antenna’s i can buy for it ?:confused: Mostly trying to get my xbox one a bit more signal but would be nice if my one bathroom had good signal for iphone toilet time.

Hmm.. i think i might get a powerline adapter. need to check at home to make sure it will work if so ill order it and ill be good to go.

I don't really have an answer for you, but I just replaced my dgl4500 with an asus ac68 and the increase in wireless range and speed was astounding. I thought the gamers lounge series was supposed to be one of the best when I bought it, but the change to the asus model is just incredible. I know you didn't ask or say if you were thinking of upgrading, but wow, it was worth it for me. We have a lot of wireless devices in the house now though, so that could have been one of the factors.

thanks for the advice, i'll mark down that router for future upgrade. I just ordered the TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT powerline device this should help me greatly at least get much better performance out of my xbox connectivity for now.

Back