D-Tek FuZion Accelerator Nozzle Kit

Buntz

Limp Gawd
Anybody using this kit? What nozzle are you using and what temp different did you get by changing the nozzles.

From what I've heard, most people use the 4.5mm nozzle and see anywhere from a 1-4*C improvement. Compared to other tweaks/improvements you can buy for a loop, it's a pretty good investment :D.

Figured I would chime in here and offer my 2c (for what it's worth!)

I would HIGHLY recommend you go over to XtremeSystems and check out the "Liquid Cooling" forum for loads and loads of details on this (and many other very important) WC subjects. A forum member there by the name of Martinm has done lots of research on flow-rate and pressure-drop in regards to these nozzles.

The short answer comes down to this: IFF you have a Quad then "most times" the quad-nozzle will be best, whereas for C2D the 4.5/5.5 are best. Now if you have other items in your loop then the equation changes dramatically as the pressure drop is pretty significant so you may need to use a 5.5 or 6.5.

This is all dependent on pump, too. Like I said above, please don't take my word as gospel and go check out Martinm's excellent work on XtremeSystems. His flow-rate estimator is invaluable to give you an idea of what you overall setup is going to act like.

Hope this helps,

- Stan

Thanks StanD . Went over to XtremeSystem and found what I needed to know with some help from a couple of members over there.

Thanks StanD . Went over to XtremeSystem and found what I needed to know with some help from a couple of members over there.

Oh, wait, please don't post the usefull information you gathered over there, that type of generous post would be too helpful to users who are faced with that exact question.

I used the quad core nozzle and improved the temps by 1-2c. Flow was reduced a bit but not too bad.

Thank you Buntz for the link. I'm getting prep'd to swap over to a D-Tek Fuzion with nozzle kit, and wondered the exact same thing. Now its a question of using the Quad 7.5mm nozzle or just use the washer that comes with the nozzle kit. That pressure drop MartinM lists is very restrictive, but with a 655 pump on its way that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again for the link.

ONLY 1-2c, its not worth it then.

1-2c for around $6 and no labor? Doesn't sound too bad to me. It's not necessarily worth ripping your loop apart just for this, but if you're building a new setup or are tearing it down anyway then it's a great way to gain a few degrees at a very minimal price.

1-2c for around $6 and no labor? Doesn't sound too bad to me. It's not necessarily worth ripping your loop apart just for this, but if you're building a new setup or are tearing it down anyway then it's a great way to gain a few degrees at a very minimal price.

Agreed. For me, I just want to set it up one time instead of going through the hassle of draining and refilling. This is good info for someone switching to a new block and wanting more info with regards to the nozzle kit that they might otherwise not know the benefits of.

You should get 1-2c drop with the o ring, and anywhere from 0-5c drop with the nozzles.

martinm210 knows his stuff about testing and does the legwork necessary.

Back