D-TEK FuZion v2 CPU Block

Been readin a thread on it at xs, really pisses me off as I've got a v1 sitting here brand new, with pro mounts and the nozzle kit. If testing shows more than 2 or 3 degrees difference, ill be putting mine in the fs/t forum and pick it up. Not too big a fan of the new curvy design, but it eliminates the washer portion which reduces the number of leak points. It also has a specially designed quad nozzle center block, waiting on results for that especially.

It is mostly unchanged so the performance shouldn't be much different. The inlet and outlet have been spaced out a bit more which should give more breathing room for thicker tubing. The mid plate now uses an O-ring to seal the middle chamber and the inlet jet. Also there is a special mid plate for quad cores. Any other changes appear to be minor.

Personally I like the looks of the new one better than the old one. I won't be upgrading my V1 Fuzion though, I don't think it is worth the cost for what appears to be marginal gain. We'll see if there is anything special going on that is unapparent.

4-7*C difference between v1 and v2 O_O
I think not possible but we will see atersome more revievs

also v2 is little uglier than v1 lol
when I receive my V1 I will make new plexi cover for it :D

They've changed the pinning height (slightly shorter) and made the base thinner. Shorter pins mean faster flow and more turbulance. The thinner base means better thermal transfer.

Not necessarily as Martin points out. There is a pressure drop due to the pin density changing downward, and the bottom layer is thinner, but with that pressure drop, your pump is going to be a big factor in dissipation using a stock nozzle. I'll wait to see Martinm's measurements before passing judgment, but I don't think you will see more than a 1-2c drop if that from the new block.

2c is a pretty good difference considering the average difference between waterblocks is usually less than 4-5c. also note the flow restriction between the edge and the fuzion when using nozzles and orings

if it's close to the price of the V2 I might pick one up IF they come up with a delrin model. I don't want anything in my loop to be clear, and from what I have seen, the V2 is more than capable of handling what I want to throw at it.

LOL i always thought the Fuzion looked like shit. That is why I purchased an all metal customer water block :D I am currently designing a water block. Picture is already drawn out, just messing with autocad.

LOL i always thought the Fuzion looked like shit. That is why I purchased an all metal customer water block :D I am currently designing a water block. Picture is already drawn out, just messing with autocad.

You can't post that without posting pics.

Brb, getting a mod to ban you.

:D

Anyone think the mounting holes just outside the center hole might fit S771? They dont specificaly list support for S771 :(

Edit to clarify, I'm lookin at the XSPC mounting.

fuzion look not good but not bad
anyway I ordered V1 now, I should recevie it on end of May, after that I will make custom plexi top for it :D

Back