D3D vs. OpenGL settings on the 9800XT

Captain Rehab

Limp Gawd
I tried to Google this to no avail. When looking at my vid properties I notice that if I set the OpenGL preference and apply it, it dosen't take. Will it only work if I am using an application that requires it? Or have I just missed some step? I just want to know if the card is functioning properly, I guess. The manual is fairly useless.

your question isn't clear

for Direct3D apps you change the settings in the D3D tab

for OpenGL apps you cahange the settings in the ogl tab

quite simple

So sorry. When I switch to GL, apply and hit "ok", and then reopen the "advanced" tab, the settings are on D3D. It seems to be locked in by default. Is that more clear?

Originally posted by Captain Rehab
So sorry. When I switch to GL, apply and hit "ok", and then reopen the "advanced" tab, the settings are on D3D. It seems to be locked in by default. Is that more clear?

to change d3d settings you click the radio button for Direct3D

to change opengl setings you click the radio button for OpenGL

when you click the Custom button for each one and put the AA and AF settings you want and hit Apply the changes will stay

if you close the control panel and go back into it the default radio button selection is direct3d, so if you want to see the opengl settings again you just click the OpenGL button, you should see that your changes are still there

make sense?

Back