Damn. Maybe I should've gotten this instead of the VisionTek 4850...

S-B

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.pcvonline.com/productDetails.aspx?id=7244

2zoj8rl.jpg

Same price that I paid, but the core is overclocked to 950 MHz (+ 25 MHz), and memory is up to 1140 MHz (+ 147 MHz :eek:), AND it has a dual-slot cooler.

That picture makes it look suspiciously like an X1900XTX. :p

I agree. Why would AMD go back to using an old old old cooler when it has way better ones now. Haven't seen that cooler since the x100 and x1000 days.

That cooler is VERY loud.

yes it is, but also VERY effective. i had an X1800XT with that cooler and it allowed for a pretty significant overclock and kept the card nice and cool. I remember putting my hand at the back of my case and feeling HOT air coming from that card. IMO it's a great cooler (at the cost of noise).

It looks like they fixed the clocks on the listing. The picture is probably incorrect.

yes it is, but also VERY effective. i had an X1800XT with that cooler and it allowed for a pretty significant overclock and kept the card nice and cool. I remember putting my hand at the back of my case and feeling HOT air coming from that card. IMO it's a great cooler (at the cost of noise).

Very true, that thing pushed out a LOT of hot air. If i cranked the fan speed up the thing would idle at like 40 C.

It's probably just a stock photo that the website's just using. The only thing that a buyer has to think it's a dual slot cooler is that picture, after all.

I don't think so. They probably just used an old stock photo for the card itself.

I would wait and see what it really looks like before purchasing.

Frankly, the whole site and the vendor seem very questionable...I can't imagine a seller with any vailidity whatsoever having that poor of an "English" translation. The 'fishing' for "...mispellings and bad grammar..." in their site review seems odd as well.

b

That must be the Radeon X4850 XTX PE edition. The resale value on those things is crazy. I'd buy the whole lot and put it on eBay...

Frankly, the whole site and the vendor seem very questionable...I can't imagine a seller with any vailidity whatsoever having that poor of an "English" translation. The 'fishing' for "...mispellings and bad grammar..." in their site review seems odd as well.

b

They are fine - they have an actual storefront at Yonge and Bloor in Toronto; and have been there for years - and other multiple locations as well.

heck i've got a few of those coolers lying around. i wonder if they'll fit on a 3850 256.

Why does it say core/Shader speed? It looks like the site is making up numbers to try to sell more cards.

SAPPHIRE VCX HD 4850 512M DDR3 LITE 650MHz/850MHz/1140MHz core/shader/memory clock speeds, 20.8 GTexel/s (32 TMU x 0.65 GHz) fill-rate

I thought that was a joke lol. Yes that cooler is definitely loud but it does perform well. But I would never overclock it with the fan at 100 percent... tooo loud. When I had an x1800xt I immediately upgraded to an accelero which cooled about the same maybe better and was dead silent.

If you snagged the VisionTek at BB for 150 just throw a zalman on the card.

they list the 4870 as well, same stock photo. I doubt Sapphire would stick to and old cooler design.

They are fine - they have an actual storefront at Yonge and Bloor in Toronto; and have been there for years - and other multiple locations as well.

Yea I bought my monitor from them, usually pretty decent prices.

Lol, the vendor is good, I built my pc 2 years back with that v-card lol :p, but ya they have a fair bit of stores in the Toronto area, so if you are from there, you could just go pick it up in person.

Back