Danger Den Releases GTX 480 Water-Blocks

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
Danger Den is releasing Water-Blocks for NVIDIA’s GeForce 400 series, and based on Kyle’s real world temperature and sound review, I bet they will be a hot item.
"Designed for the GeForce GTX 480, it is expected to come in three variants based on materials: 1. all-copper (pictured below), 2. nickel top and copper base, and 3. nickel-top and nickel-plated copper base."

Last edited:
Probably the first time where a water cooling setup will INCREASE the CPU temps...

Probably the first time people start to use their waterloop to heat their water for the shower.

Should reduce GT100's core temperature to a more stomachable 90°C!

Probably the first time people start to use their waterloop to heat their water for the shower.

These jokes write themselves, don't they?

Replace water with oil, heat the whole room!

Omg completely unexpected. Next news, Ek releases a waterblock for a new gpu.

These jokes write themselves, don't they?

Replace water with oil, heat the whole room!

Indeed they do.

People could add a faucet to the waterloop and have boiling water anytime they want! Want Tea? Coffee? No problem!

Who knew the "Green Machine" could steam your carpets and allow you to play video games too?

I foresee problems with WC setups because of Fermi. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think some of the tubes and pumps have the max recommended temperature for it. Doubt the lifespan of the tubes can handle the constant flow of warm water let alone the expansion and contraction. Max recommended temperature for Tygon are in the 70s IIRC and thats Fermi at idle.

The tubes might go limp if they arent [H]ard enough for Fermi :D

you are definitely gonna need at least 2 quad radiators or more in series to keep the water at room temperature if you are looking to run cpu + 2 fermis in sli.

I foresee problems with WC setups because of Fermi. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think some of the tubes and pumps have the max recommended temperature for it. Doubt the lifespan of the tubes can handle the constant flow of warm water let alone the expansion and contraction. Max recommended temperature for Tygon are in the 70s IIRC and thats Fermi at idle.

The tubes might go limp if they arent [H]ard enough for Fermi :D

Liquid in a regular WC system is no more than 10C at 20C things get really hot, although i think a 3x120mm rad should be able to handle a single GTX480.

you are definitely gonna need at least 2 quad radiators or more in series to keep the water at room temperature if you are looking to run cpu + 2 fermis in sli.

And a few portable A/C units to keep your room temperature at room temperature. :D

Clearly a lot of people in this topic have never seen a quad-GPU setup before. A single or dual GTX480 setup isn't going to make much of a dent in the heat produced by such a setup. Now if we were talking quad-SLI GTX480 setups, then I could see a problem.

I wonder how it will compare to the Swiftech block that comes on Evga's FTW edition cards. The Swiftech one uses a heatpipe for the VRM instead of water channels, seems kind of an odd way to do it.

What I find interesting that it is a full copper water block. No Acetal or Acrylic material for the top :confused::confused:

I wonder how it will compare to the Swiftech block that comes on Evga's FTW edition cards. The Swiftech one uses a heatpipe for the VRM instead of water channels, seems kind of an odd way to do it.
I was wondering this too. Was going to go with the Evga FTW cards but the block only covers the main chip. Probably going to wait for reviews on it. I have to wait either way because im building a Classified SR-2 rig.

I was gonna bring up the Nova 1080. Building a Evga Classified SR-2 rig that will probably have at least one of these in it.

I may be buying a Lian Li PC-343B with one in it for a new rig. At least it will be "Fermi ready". :D

nvidia should give you a discount coupon for one of these when u buy a fermi, they bloody well need it

Clearly a lot of people in this topic have never seen a quad-GPU setup before. A single or dual GTX480 setup isn't going to make much of a dent in the heat produced by such a setup. Now if we were talking quad-SLI GTX480 setups, then I could see a problem.

I completely agree. Not that I have seen a quad setup, but my 2 GTX280's got to put out a comparable amount of heat, and I got my jacket on. I realize a 5970 is a dual GPU card and not directly comparable to a GTX480, but somehow how these don't contribute to global warming, burn down houses, or make it so the children of Somalia have nothing to eat.

I'm just getting real tired of the jokes. I don't think they are particularly funny, and it makes it so we can't even discuss a waterblock anymore. It may otherwise seem harmless, but we even got a guy in hear thinking the WATER is going to reach 70C! That's insane, and I wish it would stop.

I'm just getting real tired of the jokes. I don't think they are particularly funny, and it makes it so we can't even discuss a waterblock anymore. It may otherwise seem harmless, but we even got a guy in hear thinking the WATER is going to reach 70C! That's insane, and I wish it would stop.

Yeah, things got tired after the 23,983rd joke about how hot/noisy/loud Fermi (Thermi :rolleyes: ) is. We get it, it's funny, haha. Just like the FX5800 was funny and the HD2900 was hilarious. Ever had one of those guys around who can't get enough of his own jokes up to the point where you just want to punch him in the face to make him shut up?

Yeah, that feeling.

Yeah, things got tired after the 23,983rd joke about how hot/noisy/loud Fermi (Thermi :rolleyes: ) is. We get it, it's funny, haha. Just like the FX5800 was funny and the HD2900 was hilarious. Ever had one of those guys around who can't get enough of his own jokes up to the point where you just want to punch him in the face to make him shut up?

Yeah, that feeling.

Maybe you can use your Fermi watercooling loop to rinse that sand out of your vagina with some nice heated water?

That you're even getting defensive over it and willing to admit to physical violence is pretty... uhm... special.

I don't care what brand you use. I don't care what brand *I* use. I get what works best for the price I can afford. If that means ATI, then it means ATI. If it means an AMD over an Intel Part, then it means that. I've gone from Intel to AMD at least a half dozen times and I'll happily switch if something ends up being a better deal when it's time for me to upgrade.

Except the Fermi. nVidia fucked this one up. Until its max temps are what this card runs at idle on stock cooling... it's too hot. I get nervous when my load temps approach 50c. The Fermi STARTS at above 60c! I feel the same way about any ATI part that is too hot for its own good. When I can go from a Core2Duo that idles at around 100f to an AMD Athlon II that idles at around 74f on stock... I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that as generations advance, technology improves... that efficiency also goes up with a higher performing part.

The Fermi is a fucking toaster oven.

Maybe you can use your Fermi watercooling loop to rinse that sand out of your vagina with some nice heated water?

That you're even getting defensive over it and willing to admit to physical violence is pretty... uhm... special.

I don't care what brand you use. I don't care what brand *I* use. I get what works best for the price I can afford. If that means ATI, then it means ATI. If it means an AMD over an Intel Part, then it means that. I've gone from Intel to AMD at least a half dozen times and I'll happily switch if something ends up being a better deal when it's time for me to upgrade.

Except the Fermi. nVidia fucked this one up. Until its max temps are what this card runs at idle on stock cooling... it's too hot. I get nervous when my load temps approach 50c. The Fermi STARTS at above 60c! I feel the same way about any ATI part that is too hot for its own good. When I can go from a Core2Duo that idles at around 100f to an AMD Athlon II that idles at around 74f on stock... I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that as generations advance, technology improves... that efficiency also goes up with a higher performing part.

Now that you got that off your chest, since you clearly don't care for this card, why not piss off so people can talk about the waterblock? Humor isn't one of your strong suits, but apparently it's too much to ask that not every Fermi thread go like this.

Kac77 at least made me grin with a hint of orginality:
"Who knew the "Green Machine" could steam your carpets and allow you to play video games too?"

[H] as well:
"The GF100 sucks down wattage faster than Kirstie Alley goes through her third helping of banana pancakes at IHOP."

If people put some effort in, instead of essentially spamming, maybe it wouldn't be so annoying! Remember the FX5800, photoshops? THOSE were funny.

While watercooling shouldn't be necessary, at least it fixes most major gripes with the card. I don't really see it as a FX5800, this product is actually fast.

The FX sucked cause it was slow, least that's what I remember from it. I haven't used a stock GPU cooler in 8 years or so. Stock coolers run louder to do the same cooling an aftermarket cooler can do with a lot less noise. And with water it should be a hell of a lot more quiet under full load. I'm looking into the omni alc which isn't due out till may or so.

Until all y'all run a Quad SLI setup with an X-Fi Soundcard and an add in intel Lan card (thats 6 full slots) in a case smaller than the fucking death star, y'all are not allowed to bitch about temps. For the performance in games and out of games Fermi provides vs last gen, its a nice step up, and not unreasonable once you sort out the few good bits of info from the 50 fuckin fanboys

You go Elle, and to the guy with the sandy comment, thx for trolling, now GTFO of the thread while real people hold a real conversation

Until all y'all run a Quad SLI setup with an X-Fi Soundcard and an add in intel Lan card (thats 6 full slots) in a case smaller than the fucking death star, y'all are not allowed to bitch about temps. For the performance in games and out of games Fermi provides vs last gen, its a nice step up, and not unreasonable once you sort out the few good bits of info from the 50 fuckin fanboys

You go Elle, and to the guy with the sandy comment, thx for trolling, now GTFO of the thread while real people hold a real conversation

Blow me.

If you want to "hold a real conversation", don't do what you're attacking me for and then tell me to GTFO. Person I responded to was openly speaking about physical violence because she is apparently among the group of fantards on here WHO CANNOT TAKE A JOKE. That much is so painfully obvious. You don't think it's funny because you're obviously oversensitive to the whole idea of nVidia pushing out a stinker of a turd right now after months of delays and years of rebadging the same core. Omit the heated water to wash the sand out of vagoo remark, everything else I said very much applies to the Fermi itself.

If you don't think the joke is funny, then you don't think it's funny. That does not call for physical violence.

I'm going to bitch about Fermi's temps precisely because ATI's offerings provide about the same amount of performance WITHOUT the same issues... AND they have been available for over 6 months. Before it was cracks about Fermi's constantly being delayed because they ran out of wood screws, before it was cracks about how the demo cards were actually mockups and it was a different PC playing a video loop... Before that it was their 84/86 chip fiasco. Now it's about how Fermi is a fucking toaster oven. Deal with it.

This reminds me of the whining about responses that I saw day in and say out from Intel fanbois who just ... COULD NOT ... accept that the P4 was a stinker of a chip. Intel finally fixed that mistake and rebounded pretty well. Fanbois pretend it never happened.

And what are we seeing here? "It's not an FX 5800. It actually works!" Yeah. The P4 worked. But it also SUCKED. The reality here is that much like the P4... you could push it to extremes and get incredible figures out of it due to its overclockability... but even at stock speeds it was already a space heater. I really have to wonder if that's why the Fermi runs as hot as it does, because nVidia has already pushed it to its limits all for what? A couple of FPS more than what ATI's parts have already offered for a half a year? (The 5870 was released in September of 2009)

Give it time. ATI will have another part out and it'll offer more performance than the Fermi will sucking down half as many watts. They've already nearly got the latter part done considering how a 5870x2 wattage draw is lower than a single 470 and 480 under load.

/waits for the continued sniveling replies about how I should GTFO

Maybe your own vagina needs a bit of washing if a 50c video card makes you nervous.

Maybe a liquid nitrogen "loop" would do the trick :D

Ok, ok, that was weak, but hey, you gotta try huh?:p

Back