DangerDen Maze 4

demize

Limp Gawd
Is this waterblock any good? And would it be fairly easy to acquire the mounting brackets needed for it?

It's ancient. You could probably find amd brackets for it easy enough since they haven't change in 100 years but I doubt you will get it to work on any modern intel.

If it's free it may be worth using but you can pick up a decent, much newer, block for ~$60 new. I haven't seen it tested against newer blocks but it's soooo old I doubt it keeps up well. They used to cool higher wattage cpus than our current ones so I'm sure it would work.

Thanks Kardonxt. Yeah it was free, kinda got lucky on a bunch of goodies. I would like to put it to use but not sure if I will be able to.

Honestly? You would probably get better cooling from some of the better air coolers that are out these days.

Is this waterblock any good? And would it be fairly easy to acquire the mounting brackets needed for it?

It wasn't exactly a top performer when it was new... sooo, take from that what you will.

As for mounting, I recall the mounting holes being integrated into the block's acrylic top (only the brass ones had a separate acrylic mounting plate), so you'd need to track down an appropriate top for the block. AMD socket 939/LGA775 were the last sockets it was adapted for, IIRC, but it should be really easy to fab up a mounting plate to attach to either the 939, 478, or socket A versions.

God, I had one of these on a Athlon XP 2500+ Barton... memories.. did 24x200, loved that thing.

Back