Dark Brotherhood. Killing the spirit upon waking?

quietRiot

[H]ard|Gawd
After I was invited to join the dark brotherhood, and got my skills high enough to pick the lock to the door :p , i went into the dungeon to "hang".

So i walk up to one of the skeleton guards to talk to him. Im 9 hours into the game and still forget the keys every once in a while, and instead of hitting spacebar, i click on him, and my sword is out (of course).

So he wont stop leaving me alone, and im forced to kill him. So, of course, im kicked out of the brotherhood. they tell me that i can rejoin if, upon waking after my next sleep, i defeat a spirit. the problem is, i cant. im having serious serious trouble killing him. ive tried everything ive got, i.e. swords, flare, frost axe, spells, hand-to-hand, and even taking potions to resist flame, etc.

how do i kill it?

hmmm, well thats what i figured.... ill have to give it another go tomorrow. he has killed me twice now. (im a level 2)

If you still have it, use the Blade of Woe you got for joining the DB. Spirits don't take damage, except for magic or silver weapons. For some reason the Blade of Woe will work, however.

Kiggles said:
If you still have it, use the Blade of Woe you got for joining the DB. Spirits don't take damage, except for magic or silver weapons. For some reason the Blade of Woe will work, however.

Blade of Woe is a magic weapon, that's why.

MindBuster said:
You just had to put a spoiler in the thread title didnt you ? :mad:

uhhhh, not much of a spoiler. if it was a spoiler you wouldnt have come into the thread to post.

yes, i do have the blade of woe, thanks.

I have a silver longsword around at all times for just this contingency. More than once I've gotten into a dungeon and found that it's filled with a bunch of otherworldly spirits that don't care about my glass sword and whatnot.

Of course, a few bolts with my magical fingers and they're usually as good as dead, too. :)

Back