Dark dot on my lcd

Nick_Leo

[H]ard|Gawd
Theres a dark dot on my tv in the middle right and it only shows up when its in a bright spot. I was going to return it to circuit city and exchange it but i never got around to it and its past the return period now.

Its really starting to bother me now and im wondering if theres anyway to get rid of it. It basically is just a circle thats darker than everything else.

Search for the rubbing technique to try and massage it back to life :)

Its not stuck pixels tho its just like a dark splash on the screen but its only noticable on really bright stuff. It was really bad while the marathon was on the olympics.

I took some pics with my iphone.
tv003.jpg

tv004.jpg

Its hard to see but it was A LOT more noticeable in person. If you look at the 2nd pic very carefully ull see it.

Nor me.
OP can you post the same pictures (leave the others) without the orange circle?
We know where to look now.

I can tell you exactly what that is. The LCD is pressed to tight in that spot to the protective screen. That's what's causing the dark spot.

This happened to my friends new sharp lcd about a year ago. They sent him a new one.

It's a defect. Return the TV asap.

the guy when getting it in my car hit the a yellow parking post with it on the side of the box? do you think that caused it?

Also can i return it even tho its passed the 30 days?

tv005.jpg

Those lines are just from the camera.

Ive also noticed that the top of the lcd panal is very loose and when u push on it it moves around quite a bit. I really think that this is from that guy hitting the post with the box putting it into my car? Is there anyway i can talk to circuit city and make them refund/allow me to return this tv?

Your store warranty has expired if it is only 3 months.
You might have better luck invoking the manufacturers warranty.

Back