Darn Icons Won't change!

Grathrax

Limp Gawd
So I downloaded the Fight Club and 2001: A Space Odyssey Icons from Apple.com, and started to change the icons on folders like Documents, Music, Etc. However, The System folder and Network will not change, and applications stays the same when it is in the side pane of the finder window but is the new icon when in the main area of the finder window.

What happens with the first two is that I copy the 2001 icon like I am supposed to, but paste does not come up as an option when the old icon is highlighted.

Can those areas not be changed? Is there some other way I can force the change?

as for apps in the sidebar/dock...you must remove them and readd them to the sidebar/dock (i think just launching them works too...but i never really tested this)

Used the program, got the stuff that wouldnt change to change, but the applications folder is still giving me problems. The apps folder in my user home is now in the sidebar for some reason with the new icon, and the main apps folder is there with the regular icon. They will often refuse to be deleted, and when they do they just reappear later.

Back