Data recovery from Seagate 7200.11

Martel-fs

Limp Gawd
Couldn't decide whether to put this in here or marketplace, but seems like the HD forums are probably more relevant to the issue at hand.

I've seen a lot of [H]ers with 7200.11 problems. These drives have known issues that cause problems ranging from randomly disappearing sometimes to not detecting in the BIOS at all to showing up but reporting a capacity of 0. Currently there is no way available to end-users to retrieve their data short of sending the drive off to a commercial data recovery company and paying lots of money.

Now, I'm an [H]er, and I work for a data recovery company. I've worked on a bunch of these drives in my capacity at work and have retrieved 100% data from all of them. I just so happen to be enough of a hobbyist that I have my own equipment at home that is capable of recovering data from these drives, and I would be happy to help out my fellow [H]ers. It does take time and effort so it wouldn't be for free, but it would be drastically less than a commercial data recovery place.

Back