Day Z - experiences and Gameplay videos

DayZ dev team is shooting themselves in the face, not only is their email system terrible (no one responds, apparently), and you can't join their forums because the email never arrives to your mailbox to activate your account, so you can't PM devs that there's something wrong with the system, they haven't responded to server requests for weeks. I'm waiting for my request to be fulfilled and I'll have another 50 man server ready, but what the hell?

Massive, unexpected demand I guess? Plus, it's an alpha and no one is getting paid to make the mod...

DayZ dev team is shooting themselves in the face, not only is their email system terrible (no one responds, apparently), and you can't join their forums because the email never arrives to your mailbox to activate your account, so you can't PM devs that there's something wrong with the system, they haven't responded to server requests for weeks. I'm waiting for my request to be fulfilled and I'll have another 50 man server ready, but what the hell?

An automated method for server deployment requests is being developed as we speak. They were working, many on their own time, to process these requests manually. The requests are phenomenal, in the neighborhood of being 900'ish requests behind.

Sit tight, they will get to you.

Last edited:
I wish they had their own game. I would much prefer my $30 goes to them instead of the ArmA 2 team. Not that I have anything against ArmA 2, but I only bought it for Day-Z.

I wish they had their own game. I would much prefer my $30 goes to them instead of the ArmA 2 team. Not that I have anything against ArmA 2, but I only bought it for Day-Z.

It was a hobbyist that created this. I highly doubt there was more than one person involved in this initially. The basic job was also blatantly simple - make a script that spawn zombies across the map. Bam, 80% of the work is already done.

So where does the $30 go? Into the idea? Bohemia created the game. 99.9% of the work was done by them.

Ha, nice. Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, although I think it's somewhat rare for a game company to make mods for their own game.

It is, although I wouldn't say it's the "company" making the mod because as far as I know even though the guy who created it works for Bohemia he did it on his own time the same as any mod maker normally would.

It is, although I wouldn't say it's the "company" making the mod because as far as I know even though the guy who created it works for Bohemia he did it on his own time the same as any mod maker normally would.

That is correct. The mod has no official affiliation with Bohemia Interactive.

Finally got this shit installed. Looking forward to trying it out this afternoon. PM me if you want to team up, though i'll need some time to figure out mechanics and stuff

Finally got this shit installed. Looking forward to trying it out this afternoon. PM me if you want to team up, though i'll need some time to figure out mechanics and stuff

I might try and play in the next day or so. :) I need someone to learn with also.

When(if) I get my 50-man up, I'll post it up here so folks can play on it. It'll be a 50-man Veteran difficulty located in Atlanta

Sounds good Dark Shade; I'm currently playing on US91 (fresh server for us). Please let us know when you go live.

If anyone/group is looking for voice comms, I host an unlimited Mumble server (Chicago location) so feel free to PM me and hop on with your friends. We can give you your own channels if you'd like too.

Plus, it's an alpha and no one is getting paid to make the mod...

Meh, you can say that but when its a BIS dev making it and is already making it for Arma3 and possibly making it a stand alone BIS product...he may have started out working on it for free but I'm sure this is his main job responsibility now

I really hope ArmA 3 has more standard controls. The ArmA2 ones are just out of control.

Meh, you can say that but when its a BIS dev making it and is already making it for Arma3 and possibly making it a stand alone BIS product...he may have started out working on it for free but I'm sure this is his main job responsibility now

That may be, but it's still not an official BIS project (yet...).

I really hope ArmA 3 has more standard controls. The ArmA2 ones are just out of control.

Standard how? I guarantee ArmA 3 is going to have almost identical controls.

Standard how? I guarantee ArmA 3 is going to have almost identical controls.

You know, "Standard FPS Controls"

Bunny Hop Button, Quick Scope Button, Reload/Weapon Switch Glitch button for fast reloading, Aim Assist Button, Survive fall from 3rd story while dual wielding pistols button.

Those are all industry standard FPS contorls and features now.

;)

You know, "Standard FPS Controls"

Bunny Hop Button, Quick Scope Button, Reload/Weapon Switch Glitch button for fast reloading, Aim Assist Button, Survive fall from 3rd story while dual wielding pistols button.

Those are all industry standard FPS contorls and features now.

;)

lol

The only control gripe I have is that the keyboard rudder control doesn't lock the rudder to stay centered when not depressing left or right rudder. It just slides freely when you bank in a turn.

The only control gripe I have is that the keyboard rudder control doesn't lock the rudder to stay centered when not depressing left or right rudder. It just slides freely when you bank in a turn.

The rudder always returns to center for me when I'm not pressing either rudder button. :confused:

It does, but try banking without holding the rudder button down and see if it slides down from gravity.

Oh, I understand what you mean now. I haven't ever noticed that happening, but I'll test it tonight and see.

The flight model in Arma2 is widely accepted as crap. It's OK for helicopters, but everything else is really m'eh.

I think that problem actually has more to do with how the flight model always forces the noise to move to the direction of movement. So with the helicopters, trying to fly sideways over a certain speed always results in the nose just forcefully moving to the direction of movement, which is incredibly annoying.

That's what I thought but I had hoped there might be a CFG option for it.

It is rather annoying because it basically makes you blind for a good 3 seconds

Yeah the HDR is kinda messed up. I'm pretty sure they know it's a problem, they just need to give it some attention.

For some reason, i hang on the loading screen, whether using the SixUpdater or going through the game multiplayer :/

Stupid zombie broke my leg through a wall. I am currently in a house near the second barn south of Novy Sober on the Dallas 44 server. If anybody has morphine and can bring some to me, I can trade some of my gear(winchester + rounds, akm mags, 1911 mags, makrov mags, and some other stuff).

This sucks, I was alive for quite some time too!

Just an fyi, shotguns shoot through walls. Kind of a letdown when you die instantly in a 5s firefight and have to run all the way back to the airport. Pretty realistic though.

Lost m16 w/ ACOG, m4 w/ CCO, m1911 (w/ 7 mags) and about 14 mags of 5.56 ammo :(

sethmo, I'm on that server now and heading north towards the airfield. I can meet up with you once you get on.

Yeah, zombies. I made it to the barn without aggro'ing, but I went to the house by the well and aggro'ed about a dozen. I was fine in the house with like 6900 blood, then I got hit a few times through a wall/window and they broke my leg :(

Back