D'bling memory, CorsairXms + corsairValue= work?

tru3

Limp Gawd
So my system is boggin like crazy in games and im looking to upgrade my vid card and double my memory. I have 512mb of Corsair XMS 3200 2.5 Cas memory (2 years old). I run it at pc2700 (mobo doesnt like ocing) but with the timings set pretty fast. I desperately need to add memory and Zipzoom has 512 of Corsair Value 3200 2.5 Cas memory on its front page for 85 dollars. This confuses me because 1. its Value but it has the same speeds as my XMS stuff. 2. XMS sticks, even non xms sticks, with comprable speeds are selling for $110-140 elsewhere. Will the value stuff work fine with the XMS sticks since they have the same specs? Or is this some sort of marketing ploy and the value stuff is defficient elsewhere. I am willing to back off my memory timings a bit too but it doesnt seem necessary. Any help is appreciated, I dont have much money so $85 is a big investment for me.

the difference is probably just timings.. something i didnt pay attention to when i got my ram

So is that bad? Will the comp run fine but with less agressive settings? Alternatively, can I sell my current stick to a friend with slower PC2700? Will it run fine with slower memory (albeit much slower since his stick is not as good) and be a fair deal for him while I can drop a bit more and get a matched pair? My board isnt dual channel. Via VPSD (its an obscure board) w P4 2.26 b.

given that you're running it at 2700 speeds with 3200 ram, you can set more aggressive timings you want. even if it's the valueram, i'd guess it'd do just fine at those timings.

Back