DD-WRT Client Bridge woes

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
So, long story short...

Got a Netgear R6250 today to replace my Netgear WNDR3700 that's been my main router for a few years.

I installed DD-WRT on the WNDR3700 and set it up in Client Bridge mode to replace the Linksys WRT54G (also with DD-WRT) set up the same way that's been serving as my wireless adapter for my Xbox, HD-DVD player, and a couple other devices by my TV.

Problem is that the WNDR3700 (10.0.0.6) is connecting just fine to the R6250 (10.0.0.1) but it's losing access to any device beyond the R6250 after about a minute. With it connected directly to my desktop, if I /release and /renew it works again, but wash, rinse, repeat. I can still access 10.0.0.1 (the R6250 configuration) but nothing else.

The WRT54G (still set up as 10.0.0.100) is working just fine. In fact, I'm connected straight to that right now as I post this and it's getting out to you guys.

So, WTF? The thing that's most frustrating to me is that it does seem to be working for a minute then losing connection.

You probably want to look at Gargoyle and the proxy-arp feature in client mode.
//Danne

After futzing with just about EVERY setting, there's a setting on the WNDR3700 that's not on the WRT54G that was the culprit. "Default GW Mode" in the Wireless settings for each radio. Default is DHCP, but setting it to the IP of the R6250 set me up right.

Back