DD-WRT issues with Netgear router

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
I successfully flashed my Netgear WNR834B with Eko 12307 mini DD-WRT using IE8. I then re-configured & saved some of my the wireless security settings (SSID, WPA2, etc). I was planning on then flashing to the standard version as someone else reported that successful. Everything seemed just peachy, except I could not access the internet. I figured rebooting the router might do the trick. After rebooting I could not access the DD-WRT login (192.168.1.1) or the internet.

I was just using my Netgear router+broadband modem for my wired and wireless networking, but now I've added my wired switch just to confirm I was not having ISP issues. I then proceeded to "factory" reset the router to get it back to default DD-WRT settings. I am able to connect to the default "dd-wrt" SSID that pops up on my netbook but still cannot access the internet (from the Netgear) or access the router settings page in a browser--I tried IE8, Firefox, and Chrome.

What's going on? This was my first DD-WRT experience so I'm hoping that I am just missing something stupid.

I was able to access the control panel after several resets, for whatever reason. I then flashed it with the standard release. Everything seems to be normal except I still cannot access the internet through the wireless router. I can, however, connect to the router control panel wirelessly without issue, but I can't though the wired switch connection.

No wired connections are currently going through the router, with the exception of one cable connecting it to the switch.

Internet---modem->switch->wireless router.

Back