DDR2 800 and 3800+ Single Core

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi there,

Im having problems with:
Abit KN9 SLI
Corsair DDR2 800 TWIN2X1024A-6400 (2x512)
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Single Core

Im getting blue screens and shut downs whenever games or movies load up, first of all Im blaming it on a cheap ass PSU, but are blue screens normal cause of a cheap PSU ?

Thing is Ive read that DDR2 800 and Single Core Athlons dont get along so well, could this be the major problem ?

(cf)Eclipse said:
ddr2-800 works really well with my single core sempron, it's just a matter of tweaking and getting things set up right.

http://www.eclipseoc.com/image/ballistix/32m-543.6.png

try a few things:
1. latest bios on the board?
2. bump memory voltage?
3. try different ram slots?

Ill get right on it, thanks a lot for the pointers!

Problem with the latest bios is it fries the board, or something like that lol.

You need to set the RAM to DDR2-667 in the BIOS for it to work properly at 1T command rate. I could run DDR2-800 on my 3800+ at 400MHz but it dropped to 2T.

-=Antimatter=- said:
You need to set the RAM to DDR2-667 in the BIOS for it to work properly at 1T command rate. I could run DDR2-800 on my 3800+ at 400MHz but it dropped to 2T.
depends on the board and memory controller really. my system tops out at around 420mhz with 1T

Juic3, i guess play it safe and wait till 13. probably something stupid that the one guy did though, but whatever :p

Hehe yeah I thougth so but its happened to 2 guys.

BTW how can you tell if memory is good for AM2 ? Like most OCZ DDR2 800 wont work, or should I just stay away from anything newegg states as Intel Platform Only.

stay away from anything that says intel only. everything else should work just fine... and usually a mobo/bios problem if it doesn't work right :(

Juic3 said:
Im getting blue screens and shut downs whenever games or movies load up, first of all Im blaming it on a cheap ass PSU, but are blue screens normal cause of a cheap PSU ?

Ummm yes that could most likely be the cuase, What PSU is it?

Back