DDR2 (PC6400) Prices coming down?

RAMPAGEOH

Limp Gawd
I want to build a new system around the E6600. I have everything picked out at Newegg but I have been waiting for the memory prices to come done. 300+ for 2 GB of PC6400 is rediculous IMHO.

It seems like they are beginning to slide down now with the Corsair PC6400 4-4-4-4-12 now at $279.00. How far is it likely to go? What were the prices before Conroe was released and the prices skyrocketed?

I think thats pretty close to what it was before conroe release. I wouldnt expect it to drop much more to be honest

RAMPAGEOH said:
What were the prices before Conroe was released and the prices skyrocketed?

Check out anandtech's real time price engine. Around mid august you see the Corsair PC-6400 2x1024MB XMS2 at about $250.

The Ram that I've been watching has gone from $280 (acouple weeks before C2D launch), all the way up to $360, and is now down to $323.

That corsair was around $250, and the similiarly speced g.skill was at $240

Newegg has some G Skill for $214 with the 5-5-5-5-12 rating and it is rated at 1.9V which should work well with the Gigabyte P965 board I am looking at. Anyone got any opinions on this RAM?

Newegg has some G Skill for $214 with the 5-5-5-5-12 rating and it is rated at 1.9V which should work well with the Gigabyte P965 board I am looking at. Anyone got any opinions on this RAM?
I'd be interested too. I'm buying RAM tonight and was planing on the Corsair XMS2, but I'd rather go with the cheaper stuff if it works well.

Cintirich said:
I'd be interested too. I'm buying RAM tonight and was planing on the Corsair XMS2, but I'd rather go with the cheaper stuff if it works well.

Aye, me too. Anyone know if this works well with Abit boards? Particularly of the AM2 mATX variety?

Watch the Outpost website. You can use Copernic or something similar if you'd like.

I have 2 kits (2 x 1gb) apiece, OCZ 6400 Platinum.

I got both from Outpost in August, for 150/kit after rebate.

Or . . cough up. ALL ram prices are through the roof right now.

Back