DDR3 memory for Phenom II X3 720BE on GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

temporalwar

Limp Gawd
Looking for suggestions on the DDR3 memory for Phenom II X3 720BE on GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

I have the board/and cpu picked out and not much in changing my mind
will try to unlock and overclock on air
=
current pick: F3-1066CL8D-4GBHK GSkill DDR3-1333 4Gig 1.5-1.6v kit

No that's not true gigabyte, asus, and dfi all have mb's that can unlock x3's with the right bios on the 790fx chipset.

Only get 1600mhz or faster. Less than that and you may as well just save a bunch of dough and go ddr2-1066.

If that OCZ really does 1600 cas7 at such a low voltage it is awesome. I have had terrible luck with ocz tho.

Any enthusiast board from the mains (gigabyte, msi, asus, ect) with a SB750 southbridge should be able to unlock the fourth core. Remember chances are slim it will work. Most of them are unstable or generate errors even at stock on prime. Think of it as a free lotto ticket with your purchase, small chance to win a fourth core free!

Last edited:
I take back what I said, searching newegg in many cases 3x sticks of ddr3_1600 costs the same as 2 sticks of it.
Id again suggest getting 2 triple sets, using 4 of the sticks for yourself for 8gb dual channel ddr3, and sell the other 2 sticks to someone else on a P2/C2Q who needs dual and not triple channel.

Back