these are newegg prices.
I want to get my 3.2 prescott to 4.0. :D

I currently have:

Asus P4C800-e deluxe
3.2 precott @ 235 fsb
Hyper X 1GB DDR400 @ 470
Antec truepower 550W
BFG 6800GT

actually, if those are the ocz i think they are, the two are about identical. go with the cheaper one.

yeah, the ocz wins based on price here. both use samsung UCCC on a brainpower 808 pcb though.. ;)

I'd go with the G-Skill. Rebates ruin it for me.
Whatever works for you though. Both good chioces.

i was gonna say.. you made a poll. the poll is telling you to go with the g.skill. why are you looking towards different options? ;)

didnt even think g skill was all that popular . i have been corrected. still ocz fan boy.

tvdang7 said:
didnt even think g skill was all that popular . i have been corrected. still ocz fan boy.
:D

i've traditionally been crucial, but i know i can't be biased to one company if i'm gonna make good reccomendations to people :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
i was gonna say.. you made a poll. the poll is telling you to go with the g.skill. why are you looking towards different options? ;)

I'm giving it a little time. If I'm gonna spend the money I want to get the best for the buck.

I hear the UCCC (is that right lol) on the gskill require low voltage like 2.6/2.7. Errors out with 2.8 2.9? I just got this from reviews. Anyone here have experience with this?

iRoNeTiK said:
I hear the UCCC (is that right lol) on the gskill require low voltage like 2.6/2.7. Errors out with 2.8 2.9? I just got this from reviews. Anyone here have experience with this?

It's true, for me at least. If I go anywhere above 2.75V, even at stock, I immediately error out in Memtest. However, I can go up to 280MHz at 2.6V flawlessly.

yeah, everything i see about UCCC shows the latest batches liking lower voltage, and really loving running cold. be sure to have active cooling if you want the best clocks ;)

Well I ordered them from newegg today. they really need to tell their customers where it is being shipped from. CA, TN or NJ. If it is NJ or TN I do 2nd day air if it CA I do ground, takes same time as 2nd day air since it is only 6-8 hours away and they dont stick it on a damn plane anyways, even if u pay for 2nd day air. hehe!

I ordered their g.skill 2gb ddr400 ram and it shipped from NJ and i didnt do 2nd day air cuz i didnt know and now i did 2nd day air for their g.skill 2gb ddr500 and now its shipping from CA warehouse, ugh :(

280 mhz? awesome! Can't wait till i get mine on Friday!

I swear by the G.SKill..............I dropped the ram in last night, with everything at stock settings, set FSB to 260X10, booted into windows, I didn't run any tests, as I had to get to bed, but just wanted to see it work, as where my OCZ would not let me get past 2.4.

I played with the bios a little today, was able to get to 2.9 for about 3 seconds before windows crashed. I will work on the system this weekend, and see waht i can get.

Maybe I can hit and hold at 3GHz!!!!! coming from someone that was always stuck at less then 2GHZ till I got my opty this is a big deal.

phelan1777 said:
I swear by the G.SKill..............I dropped the ram in last night, with everything at stock settings, set FSB to 260X10, booted into windows, I didn't run any tests, as I had to get to bed, but just wanted to see it work, as where my OCZ would not let me get past 2.4.

I played with the bios a little today, was able to get to 2.9 for about 3 seconds before windows crashed. I will work on the system this weekend, and see waht i can get.

Maybe I can hit and hold at 3GHz!!!!! coming from someone that was always stuck at less then 2GHZ till I got my opty this is a big deal.

well which ocz did u use? performance?....platinum? mine goes up to 287 just fine.

I just got the G.skill about a week ago, and have yet to get it to 250. Disappointing so far, but i'm gonna keep trying before sending it back.

Back