[DEAD] 7800X3D $320 at Amazon

Tsumi

[H]F Junkie
Probably the best online deal for a 7800X3D so far. Make sure you choose Amazon as the seller instead of the shady one for $319. Highly considering getting this and returning the Antonline 7900X3D.

https://a.co/d/eSj4Xnc

DEAD: only lasted a few hours.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Says $368 for me, whether or not I'm signed in.

1715346079403.png

Wow, that was quick, the price must have only lasted a few hours. Good thing I decided not to wait.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_081908_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_081908_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 0
What's weird is 7800X3D is better for gaming than 7900X3D.

Considering has more cache it does.

thats the reason the 7800x3d is more money than a 7900x3d right now.
my point was the 7800x3d is better once you understand why, it makes sense. The 7900x3d has two 6 core ccd’s vs the single ccd on the 7800x3d. And more reasons but that is the primary reason.

Last edited:
My poi

my point was the 7800x3d is better once you understand why, it makes sense. The 7900x3d has two 6 core ccd’s vs the single ccd on the 7800x3d. And more reasons but that is the primary reason.
It's not even that is had 2 CCD's. Its because its got lower specs as a 6core CCD than an 8core. As you can see the dual CCD 7950x3D is just as fast as a 7800x3d. It's not having dual CCD's is the issue. Its the 6core CCD's having less cache because it has less cores.

And yes its a simulated 7600x3d.

1715556078034.png

It's not even that is had 2 CCD's. Its because its got lower specs as a 6core CCD than an 8core. As you can see the dual CCD 7950x3D is just as fast as a 7800x3d. It's not having dual CCD's is the issue. Its the 6core CCD's having less cache because it has less cores.

View attachment 653407
The differences have been well documented by this point. There is also a penalty for the interlink between ccd’s. And yes the 7900 has 2 cores disabled from each ccd. But the 2 ccd’s plus penalty for the interlink are what make the 7800x3d the better cpu for gaming vs the 7950x3d…

BUT we were disussing the 7900x3d. But at this point if someone is really wondering the differences it’s been covered many many times.

Last edited:
Great deal...awesome that you snagged it! I wish I had PCs left to put 7800X3Ds in. The only one that doesn't have one has a 7950X3D but those things aren't worth much these days so it would be a pointless swap (I much prefer 7800X3D for gaming).

View attachment 653407
V-cache size is the same as seen by the fact that both the 7900X3D and 7950X3D have 128mb of L3 cache. The lower performance on some games on the 7900X3D is entirely down to the fact that there are 6 cores on the v-cache instead of 8. A few games are not affected by cores on a different CCD which is why you see the 7900X3D performing slightly higher.

It's a false fallacy to claim that the less cache due to less cores is the reason for lower performance. In the games affected, the lower number of available working cores to crunch numbers is the reason for lower performance. Otherwise, your logic says that increasing IPC is as simple as increasing L1 and L2 cache sizes.

V-cache size is the same as seen by the fact that both the 7900X3D and 7950X3D have 128mb of L3 cache. The lower performance on some games on the 7900X3D is entirely down to the fact that there are 6 cores on the v-cache instead of 8. A few games are not affected by cores on a different CCD which is why you see the 7900X3D performing slightly higher.

It's a false fallacy to claim that the less cache due to less cores is the reason for lower performance. In the games affected, the lower number of available working cores to crunch numbers is the reason for lower performance. Otherwise, your logic says that increasing IPC is as simple as increasing L1 and L2 cache sizes.
V-cache is the same, but the overall cache is not.

The 7950x3d has 144mb of cache and the 7900x3d has 140mb of cache...why?

Because it has 2 less cores which = 4mb of cache. That is why there is a difference in performance. Clock speeds are not why the is a pretty big difference in performance, going from a 6core v-cache CPU to a 8core v-cache CPU is the reason because it has less overall cache.

1715571039437.png

V-cache is the same, but the overall cache is not.

The 7950x3d has 144mb of cache and the 7900x3d has 140mb of cache...why?

Because it has 2 less cores which = 4mb of cache. That is why there is a difference in performance. Clock speeds are not why the is a pretty big difference in performance, going from a 6core v-cache CPU to a 8core v-cache CPU is the reason because it has less overall cache.

View attachment 653439
:banghead:

Clearly you were unable to comprehend or completely ignored everything I wrote other than the fact that I claimed your logic was wrong.

:banghead:

Clearly you were unable to comprehend or completely ignored everything I wrote other than the fact that I claimed your logic was wrong.
Can't be wrong if you cant prove you are right lol.

Can't be wrong if you cant prove you are right lol.
:facepalm:

I'll put it in simple terms so you can understand. Is the lower performance due to less cache, or is the lower performance due to less cores and having less cache is a side effect of having less cores?

Last edited:
Just incase...whatever you do, if you click the link and see the 7800X3D for 269...avoid...def scam...haha. Shipped and sold by "lichengyi1". Looking up his details, chinese based address.

It's just shocking how bad Amazon is at catching scammers like this on their platform. One review seller, selling 6 different AMD processors far below MSRP in quantity. Been refreshing the page for shits and giggles over the past hour, and seeing the amount he has available drop from 10 to low single digits then bump back up with more available. Doubt they are cancelations, probably upping the quantity to scam more people and also instill FOMO against his helpless victims with the low qunatity available. Karma needs to visit these turds.

Last edited:
Just incase...whatever you do, if you click the link and see the 7800X3D for 269...avoid...def scam...haha. Shipped and sold by "lichengyi1". Looking up his details, chinese based address.

It's just shocking how bad Amazon is at catching scammers like this on their platform. One review seller, selling 6 different AMD processors far below MSRP in quantity. Been refreshing the page for shits and giggles over the past hour, and seeing the amount he has available drop from 10 to low single digits then bump back up with more available. Doubt they are cancelations, probably upping the quantity to scam more people and also instill FOMO against his helpless victims with the low qunatity available. Karma needs to visit these turds.
I fixed the link in my post above to reflect the correct $345 from Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back