Dead Island 2

If the game pulls in alot of players for a few days might pick it up but Back 4 Blood didn't end well.

I don't think you have to have the EGS launcher installed to play the game, but it does require an EGS account for multiplayer, from what it sounds like, because it uses EGS servers.
It's also getting review bombed on Steam because of it. Seems like a solid game though.

I don't think you have to have the EGS launcher installed to play the game, but it does require an EGS account for multiplayer, from what it sounds like, because it uses EGS servers.
People don't want Epic Online Services installed on their PC, that is what the issue is.

deadisland2.jpg

Yeah that sucks, but no different that Origin or Uplay being required for your Steam games.
The difference is it's Epic. Just pointing it out. I don't have an issue with it, personally, as long as I don't need an Epic account to play the game.

Not sure if I'm not leveling up correctly (I am utilizing the cards), but I got to the boss fight at the movie studio and the regular zombies are feeling more and more tedious to kill. I'm level 9, but many of my weapons seem to be around level 4; is that the problem? Do I need to be trashing my weapons and picking up new weapons as I go? Seems too expensive to pay to level up weapons. I aim for their heads or limbs and try to stomp them when that tiny stomp window appears. They all feel like bullet sponges at this point.

Edit: Oh yeah, the respawning right inside a small area you've just cleared. wut

Not sure if I'm not leveling up correctly (I am utilizing the cards), but I got to the boss fight at the movie studio and the regular zombies are feeling more and more tedious to kill. I'm level 9, but many of my weapons seem to be around level 4; is that the problem? Do I need to be trashing my weapons and picking up new weapons as I go? Seems too expensive to pay to level up weapons. I aim for their heads or limbs and try to stomp them when that tiny stomp window appears. They all feel like bullet sponges at this point.

Edit: Oh yeah, the respawning right inside a small area you've just cleared. wut
Yes! Levelling your weapons is vital!

They should always be at your level. But only level one… or possibly two. It’s expensive. Just choose your best weapon and level that one. This should be a priority.

Yes! Levelling your weapons is vital!

They should always be at your level. But only level one… or possibly two. It’s expensive. Just choose your best weapon and level that one. This should be a priority.
Confirmed dumbass here. A majority of my weapons were level 4 while me and the zombies were level 9/8. Took me like 10-20 hits to kill zombies. :facepalm: Just picture some idiot swinging a golf club a million times and barely making a dent.

Just getting around to playing DI2 for the first time. Hearing it's maybe not as long as the original, but the zombie models and details with the gore are pretty damn good. Same janky story, but I don't care, it's good enough and with the sale on this, for now i'm satisfied with purchase.

The game is 55% off at Fanatical for the next 12 hours, with prices being slightly cheaper than buying on Steam itself during the initial discount:

Standard: $59.99 > $29.99 $26.99
Deluxe: $64.99 > $34.99 $29.24
Gold: $79.99 > $39.99 $35.99

The game is 55% off at Fanatical for the next 12 hours, with prices being slightly cheaper than buying on Steam itself during the initial discount:

Standard: $29.99 $26.99
Deluxe: $34.99 $29.24
Gold: $39.99 $35.99
The code "OMEN10" might work on it too for an extra 10% off there. I'm tempted, but have other games to play still.

Same janky story…
I thought that the story, the tone of which was modelled on that of a B sci-fi comedic film’s, worked really well, considering you begin the game near the Hollywood hills and that you start out in the lavish home of a famous B level actress. I knew I was going to love this game when I explored the influencer’s house across the street. The game just grew on me as I played it.

I picked this up during the big sale on it, pretty good so far. Had some weird instances where it had some really bad hitching, but that seems to be mostly gone.

I thought that the story, the tone of which was modelled on that of a B sci-fi comedic film’s, worked really well, considering you begin the game near the Hollywood hills and that you start out in the lavish home of a famous B level actress. I knew I was going to love this game when I explored the influencer’s house across the street. The game just grew on me as I played it.
Yup now in by about 10 hours, the actual story is not as bad as I once thought. I'm playing as Ryan, not too crazy about his character, but story has gotten better!

Back