Dead MSI 785GM-E51

speedfrk

Limp Gawd
The board was flaky and unstable to begin with, so I flashed to the latest bios and now it won't post. Any suggestions? I sent an RMA request to MSI a week ago but haven't heard back from them yet... are they usually this slow?

^
lol I was thinking the same.

It usually only takes me 24~48hrs to finish the RMA. Did you check your junk/spam box in your e-mail?

Every single one of my msi vid cards have failed so far but the RMA process was lightning quick (same day ~1 business day so far) + being 1-2 miles away from their office. Definitely check the junk/spam mail or call them up.

I did finally get a replacement board. Pretty cool too since it is the upgraded E65 with the heatpipe cooling on the NB and mosfets. I think that they are having problems with boards dying from Phenom II's and especially X6 processors. All in all, I've had really good luck with MSI boards going all the way back to the P4 days.

I did finally get a replacement board. Pretty cool too since it is the upgraded E65 with the heatpipe cooling on the NB and mosfets. I think that they are having problems with boards dying from Phenom II's and especially X6 processors. All in all, I've had really good luck with MSI boards going all the way back to the P4 days.

I was about to pick up a PII combo with this board from Fry's today. The price is decent, but after reading your post, I've decided not to. I'd rather wait a bit longer for a better price and a nicer board. Thanks for potentially saving me from a fried motherboard and an RMA.

Back