Which is worse?

• Dead pixels

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Backlight bleeding

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Slider19

Gawd
Can't decide which is worse. I have the FP-988D, which is a great monitor, and it came with no dead pixels. However, it does have backlight bleeding issues.

Should I risk getting a replacement and possible dead pixels as a result or stay with what I have? Can't decide.

so hard to choose because they both suck ass. But a dead pixel would be more annoying because i know i would constantly stare at it.

Depends what color, and location of the dead pixel. I've got one, and unless I went searching for it, I would never notice it

But a dead pixel would be more annoying because i know i would constantly stare at it.
I don't know about that. Dead pixels aren't that bad (stuck bright pixels are worse, imo). My gaming monitor has a single dead subpixel and I was pretty pissed when I first noticed it, and it affected my first few days of gaming after I noticed it because I really did stare at it.. eventually I simply "forgot" about it and rarely notice it anymore.

I think I might RMA it, unless someone here wants to buy a 19" LCD with no dead pixels but "some" backlight leakage for $255 shipped. :p

The picture makes it look worse than it really is, but that is essentially it.

Does anyone have experience with Min Maw's RMA process? How long does it usually take?

I'm on my CRT right now and it seems even worse than before. :(

I would have been hard pressed to return my 2005fpw if it had a backlighting problem much worse than it is (almost nonexistant, the other one is 100% perfect and on my girlfriend's machine), but even a single dead pixel would have warranted an immediate call to Dell for RMA.

Back