Dead Space 2: New Trailer

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14293265/vids_1.html

Has an extremely serious, almost "Event Horizon" vibe to it.

Epic trailer saw it last night. major leak = win for us!

the first one was event horizon, not sure where then 2nd one will be set. Im going to guess earth. possibly a bit of on ship gameplay to start.

It wasnt the best game ever but I had a blast playing it. not alot of solid FPS horror games out there. Fear/fear2 were only other ones i can think of.

I cant wait. I loved the first game, I'll have to replay it when I get a good sound system, heard it makes a big difference.

Loved the first game (On PC and didn't mind the key mapping).
Watched & enjoyed the animated feature,
Considered buying a Wii, but never did.

Def buy this when it comes out; I just hope it doesn't go all out action and drop the horror aspect too much.

Woah! :eek: Looks awesome! Some of the mutations look real enough to cause nightmares...

is it true there's no pc version planned? or maybe another timed release to create demand for consoles.

Looking forward to this. Picked it up for 40$ during PAX sale @ EA..

hope Dead Space 2 gets ported to PC

shame that it currently is not part of EA's plans due to piracy

it is coming out for pc. in fact I pre ordered it a while back for $29.99 from the EA store because I had a promo code.

I've read from a few different places that they decided not to release DS2 for PC. At least not initially, it's possible it might get ported over to PC a while after the console launch though. This pissed me off, but fortunately I have a 360 and PS3 too so I can still play it, but I still prefer my PC in my man cave :mad:.

Isaac's never had a speaking role. I don't think he will.

In one of the last Game Informers where they had their main article on it (DS2 was on the front page), I read that Isaac will be talking throughout the game. Also, I think I remember it being set on Mars or some other planet where they docked the Ishimura (sp?) to me investigated so there's potential that we might re-visit the ship while it's docked, but I know you start out on like a base camp on some planet other than Earth.

shame that it currently is not part of EA's plans due to piracy

Pretty sure it was due to god-awful sales. I don't even think piracy was mentioned when it originally came out that DS2 might not be coming to PC.

I've read from a few different places that they decided not to release DS2 for PC. At least not initially, it's possible it might get ported over to PC a while after the console launch though. This pissed me off, but fortunately I have a 360 and PS3 too so I can still play it, but I still prefer my PC in my man cave :mad:.
it IS coming out for pc and at the same time it does for the consoles. at first they were considering whether or not to do a pc sku then they eventually decided on doing it. some sites just never updated their initial info that a pc version would not be produced. I even spoke with EA myself and they said the pc version is 100% a go. they also said they would not be taking pre orders for the pc sku if they did not have every intention of making it.

it IS coming out for pc and at the same time it does for the consoles. at first they were considering whether or not to do a pc sku then they eventually decided on doing it. some sites just never updated their initial info that a pc version would not be produced. I even spoke with EA myself and they said the pc version is 100% a go. they also said they would not be taking pre orders for the pc sku if they did not have every intention of making it.

That's awesome then. But just to put my mind at ease, can you provide any links to back this up?

Thanks for that info :). Also, where did you get that promo code to pre-order it for $29.99? I would do that in a heartbeat!

That's awesome then. But just to put my mind at ease, can you provide any links to back this up?

Thanks for that info :). Also, where did you get that promo code to pre-order it for $29.99? I would do that in a heartbeat!
well I dont know of any links because most sites never updated their info. but if you look even at IGN or Gametrailers it says pc as one of the platforms. and again you could not pre order it for pc if it wasnt coming out for pc.

sadly but that promo code is dead now.

TBH I'll get this one on the Xbox.

When it comes to 3rd person shooters I like to lie on the couch as apposed to sitting at the desk; Sure I could hook up my PCs HDMI to the TV and buy a controller, but I don't want to.

First one was great, waaayyyy too short though, I bought the Platinum Edition for Xbox 360 and still regret spending the 20.

Hope they make it longer, otherwise I'll rent it. Who knows if my local Blockbusters will be around though, they're dropping like flies.

First one was great, waaayyyy too short though, I bought the Platinum Edition for Xbox 360 and still regret spending the 20.

Hope they make it longer, otherwise I'll rent it. Who knows if my local Blockbusters will be around though, they're dropping like flies.
it was over twice as long as the average fps made in the last few years.

I don't play fps on console, and regardless most fps have multiplayer (maybe I'm wrong), Dead Space does not.
who said anything about consoles? I was just saying that Dead Space was certainly not short compared to other fps. I believe the average gameplay length was around 12 hours and it personally took me just over 15. this was one of the few games that had me wanting more though.

who said anything about consoles? I was just saying that Dead Space was certainly not short compared to other fps. I believe the average gameplay length was around 12 hours and it personally took me just over 15. this was one of the few games that had me wanting more though.

So you're telling me you're satisfied with a game that costs 60 dollars or 50 on PC for 15 hours (some have beat it in 9 hours) of game play and no multiplayer to boot.

And to go by what you're saying, who said anything about FPS.
If Dead Space is an FPS so is Resident Evil 4.

So you're telling me you're satisfied with a game that costs 60 dollars or 50 on PC for 15 hours (some have beat it in 9 hours) of game play and no multiplayer to boot.

And to go by what you're saying, who said anything about FPS.
If Dead Space is an FPS so is Resident Evil 4.
what the hell is wrong with you? how many times do I have to repeat the SAME thing? Dead Space was a much longer game than the AVERAGE shooter game and thats all that I was saying. and yes excuse me for calling it a fps when it was a tps.

what the hell is wrong with you? how many times do I have to repeat the SAME thing? Dead Space was a much longer game than the AVERAGE shooter game and thats all that I was saying. and yes excuse me for calling it a fps when it was a tps.

Ok I'm not gonna throw this off topic because of your rage, I said this game was too short for me, we'll have to disagree and end it there.

Ok I'm not gonna throw this off topic because of your rage, I said this game was too short for me, we'll have to disagree and end it there.
I too wished it would have been longer but again all I was saying is that it was longer than most other games. if you felt ripped off in this game then how would you feel with the vast majority of other games that are not only half as long but have pretty shitty gameplay to boot in most cases? personally I dont care for multi player so Dead Space actually game me way more for my dollar than just about any other game last year.

The only games worth $50+ are blockbusters (Gears of War, Uncharted, MGS, Zelda, etc.), IMO. Having said that, I think DS was just shy of that status for me. But I think it's most definitely worth $20 to $30 and didn't think it was a short game by any means. It was 10 hours minimum on the first play through which is above average IMO (the same or a little longer than the Gears games and RE4 from what I remember). Also, it gave you a little incentive to play through again to get the rest of the power ups and keep the ones from the first play through (which I did). But sure, a game can always afford to be longer, but I'll take quality over quantity. If you didn't think the game was worth at least $20, then I honestly suggest you stick to RPGs or stop playing this genre of games because there's only a few other games out there that do it better, IMO. The second one will definitely have to be a little better for me to pick it up for $50. It will prolly be hard for me to wait for a price drop to pick it up though too.

Can't wait. The first game really gave me the goose bumps and this one looks even crazier!

The only games worth $50+ are blockbusters (Gears of War, Uncharted, MGS, Zelda, etc.), IMO. Having said that, I think DS was just shy of that status for me. But I think it's most definitely worth $20 to $30 and didn't think it was a short game by any means. It was 10 hours minimum on the first play through which is above average IMO (the same or a little longer than the Gears games and RE4 from what I remember). Also, it gave you a little incentive to play through again to get the rest of the power ups and keep the ones from the first play through (which I did). But sure, a game can always afford to be longer, but I'll take quality over quantity. If you didn't think the game was worth at least $20, then I honestly suggest you stick to RPGs or stop playing this genre of games because there's only a few other games out there that do it better, IMO. The second one will definitely have to be a little better for me to pick it up for $50. It will prolly be hard for me to wait for a price drop to pick it up though too.
RE4 was one of the longest single player games ever made at well over 20 hours.

RE4 was one of the longest single player games ever made at well over 20 hours.

Not the point of my post at all, but lol @ 20 hours. I know I beat the GC version in less than 13 hours on normal my first time through. Then got it down to 6.5 hours on later play throughs. You must have done some serious dicking-around on your play through or something..

Not the point of my post at all, but lol @ 20 hours. I know I beat the GC version in less than 13 hours on normal my first time through. Then got it down to 6.5 hours on later play throughs. You must have done some serious dicking-around on your play through or something..
you said that Dead Space was the same or a little longer than RE 4 from what you remembered. I wasnt telling you my gameplay time I was telling you what reviewers said. RE4 was a 20+ hour game according to most and here are just a few...

" which helps keep the action feeling fresh for the solid 25-or-so hours it takes to reach the end of the story." http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/review.html?page=3

"20-plus hours" of gameplay http://cube.ign.com/articles/577/577841p1.html

"more impressive traits when you look at an overall length of more than 20 hours (we came in at 22 hours, 19 minutes)" http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3137705&did=1

Last edited:
I was applying "about the same" to RE4 and "longer than" to GoW. I guess they were all pretty slow or generous in their review then cuz it didn't take me near that long. Oh well, I guess you win this internet argument! *Shakes fist* ;)

I was applying "about the same" to RE4 and "longer than" to GoW. I guess they were all pretty slow or generous in their review then cuz it didn't take me near that long. Oh well, I guess you win this internet argument! *Shakes fist* ;)
lol yeah RE 4 was pretty well known for being a long game so thats why it stuck out when I saw your comment. both Dead Space and RE 4(Gamecube version) are in my top ten most enjoyable games for sure. :cool:

Back