Dead Space released for iOS.... VERY impressive

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
dead-space-ipad-31.jpg

dead-space-for-ios_1294264594.png

dead-space-upcoming-1.jpg

I've been messing around with this for a little while and so far, it's probably one of the best mobile remakes aside from GTA:CTW. The controls are spot on and non-intrusive. Swipe the screen to look around, move your finger on the charactor to move forward/back/strife and tap objects to inteact with them.

The sound is outstanding. Using headphones really pulls you in... I honestly forgot that I was playing a mobile game for a bit. The animation, graphics and textures are also top notch. If you have an ipad, iphone or itouch, I would highly suggest looking into this game if you were a fan of the original. It's just as creepy too :)

Wow that's really does look impressive too bad the screen is so small.

Wow that's really does look impressive too bad the screen is so small.

Get an iPad. Problem solved. :cool:

Also, this isn’t a remake. It’s a prequel to Dead Space 2. That’s not Isaac in the screenshots.

Going to check this out for controls alone.

Adding a "touch" joystick in the corner is a cop-out for the games interface and i can't stand it.

I added it to my AppShopper Want list and will pick it up when it goes on sale. Ten bucks is a bit much... right now I'm playing through Dead Space on my Mac's Boot Camp with Win7. Very scary with a nice pair of headphones in the dark.

I added it to my AppShopper Want list and will pick it up when it goes on sale. Ten bucks is a bit much... right now I'm playing through Dead Space on my Mac's Boot Camp with Win7. Very scary with a nice pair of headphones in the dark.

It is $6.99

I was about to buy till I spotted the in app purchases, how necessary are these to get through the game?

I was about to buy till I spotted the in app purchases, how necessary are these to get through the game?

Not at all, this is only for people who want to buy nodes to upgrade their weapons as fast as possible.

New update added "horde mode" and some other new features source:

http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/26/dead-space-update-adds-survival-mode-and-a-new-gun/

I'm kind of new to the series I just recently played through the 1st Dead Space (on pc) and the iPad game and I've had a blast I'm going to snag up the other titles. I normally don't like gory games but this scratches the 2001 sci fi itch enough that its a blast. For a portable game Dead Space on iPad is really impressive even compared to PSP and DS titles.

Back