Deal on 1GB Corsair XMS 3200 512MB x 2 for $94.99 AR

OrionNT said:
Corsair XMS 512MB x 2 @ Outpost for $94.99 after $20 MIR.

I picked this up today at Frys for $109 AR and Battlefield 2 runs much better now.
What size system RAM were you going to? 512Mb to 1Gb? Or, 1Gb to 2Gb?

I currently have this same RAM (1GB) in my game machine, but that damn menu in BF2 demo is SO slow in loading. I've read that going to 2Gb will improve overall performance, but want confirmation of this from someone here.

Thanks.

BTW- I bought this RAM on NewEgg on 11/3/2003 for $242.

My order went through at 9:30AM EST but now the order status says it's partially backordered...doh

HoodooGuru said:
What size system RAM were you going to? 512Mb to 1Gb? Or, 1Gb to 2Gb?

I currently have this same RAM (1GB) in my game machine, but that damn menu in BF2 demo is SO slow in loading. I've read that going to 2Gb will improve overall performance, but want confirmation of this from someone here.

Thanks.

BTW- I bought this RAM on NewEgg on 11/3/2003 for $242.
YES this made a HUGE difference with battlefield 2, I went from one pair of this ram to two.

Can someone who bought this post the $20 rebate PDF file somewhere, or at least cut and paste the text from the PDF in a reply here? Please? (PDF link on Outpost.com is broken, and their sales rep I talked to never sent it via email).

I won't buy this until I know the terms of the rebate. I don't want to buy this, have it backordered 25 days, and then miss the rebate mail submission date.

Thanks!

omg, I can't believe you would pay so much for this ram. I can get it, two 512 sticks of crossair ram, for $86

leptoon said:
omg, I can't believe you would pay so much for this ram. I can get it, two 512 sticks of crossair ram, for $86

Then quit threadshitting and cough up how you do it.

I go to a computer sale in Dallas twice a month. If anyone wants me to go there and get anything for them, thats fine. I will do it for free, all you do is pay me what I paid plus the shipping.

Is it one of those "convention center" sales? I've been meaning to hit those in Louisville, but I always seem to find out about them AFTER the fact. Who puts on the show, or is it local only?

leptoon said:

yah, but what kind of "crossair" ram? I bet hey arn't XMS's but the value select ones....

leptoon said:
Yeah and I have some Oakeley sunglasses and a nice Rallex watch to sell you.

Let's see, I can buy these, from a reputable online site, and get them within a couple days, or I can wait for one of these street shows to come to your area, and wait for you (who I don't know, and never will) to buy it and ship it to me. I'll stick to Outpost, and you should avoid threadcrapping.

hgao3xbolt said:
My order went through at 9:30AM EST but now the order status says it's partially backordered...doh
Did you download the rebate PDF file? Can you post the text from it here by chance?

Outpost still has NOT fixed their damn website to the PDF link, and they have NOT emailed me the rebate form per my telephone request...

Makes me wary of this operation.

For those who ordered this online, you will likely NEVER receive it. I just got off the phone with a rep, and he stated they haven't had this memory in stock SINCE MARCH 2005!!! Also, he said he DOES NOT EXPECT TO EVER SEE MORE OF THIS RAM.

DEAD DEAL. Fu(kers should remove it from their website if they no longer can carry the product.

HoodooGuru said:
For those who ordered this online, you will likely NEVER receive it. I just got off the phone with a rep, and he stated they haven't had this memory in stock SINCE MARCH 2005!!! Also, he said he DOES NOT EXPECT TO EVER SEE MORE OF THIS RAM.

DEAD DEAL. Fu(kers should remove it from their website if they no longer can carry the product.

Called them myself. Talked to a girl. She said "a couple of" the rebate forms didn't upload correctly, but should be there tomorrow. If not, call 1800 outpost and they should be able to get it. She said they were out of stock, and didn't yet have a shipping date, but didn't have any other information atm.

The fact they haven't even had it in stock since March, and don't even know when their "next shipment" is, I would expect you'd NEVER see it. If you do, it'll be too late for Corsair to honor the rebate (you wouldn't get the UPC code in time).

In the reviews I have seen it shows Mushkin ram outperforming Corsair on a regular basis.

And Corsair uses CH5 ram in alot of thier stuff(but not all) which leads to problems on certain boards, like mine.

Mushkin uses BH5 ram.

And Mushkin is $33 cheaper than the Corsair before the rebate. Granted the Corsair has slightly lower timings but not enough to make a noticable difference.

Archer75 said:
Mushkin uses BH5 ram.
I don't think their "value" series has BH5. If it does, it's that "resurrected" BH5 that isn't that great.

Back