Dedicated PPU support for SLI users soon!

TalonMan

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9660&Itemid=1

Nvidia plans to launch a new brand and it will simply call it SLI 2. Like the logic implies SLI 2 will be better than SLI and it will actually mean you will have more than one graphic card rendering your graphic and an additional card to do your PhysX.

SLI 2 = SLI + PhysX and this cannot be more simplified. We don’t know when will this launch but the new driver that supports PhysX is finally out so any board with three PCI express slots should be able to cope with this new SLI 2.

This will look good on new boxes but as you can see it’s not anything spectacular. We will keep our eyes on when will this launch.

So instead of Tri-SLI you will have two PPU's [SLI] + 1 card dedicated to PhysX? Isn't that already possible?

No, currently if you are running SLI, you can't set a third card up to act as a dedicated PhysX processor.

So if you can't sell 'em a dedicated PPU card, then just sell 'em an 3 way SLI motherboard + 2 Graphics cards + 3rd 'Graphics' card used solely for physics.

Genius! :D

Show me the drivers. I want Big Bang II, I want multimonitor SLI support. Couldn't care less about physics. Until I actually see drivers, I remain unconvinced that any of this will happen.

You forgot sli support on intel motherboards. sli will always = fail until they have that.

According to posts by ChrisRay, (a beta tester/mod at SLIZone) he was expecting the multi-monitor support to be released already.
nVidia must be saving it for the BigBangII release so it has more WOW effect is my guess.

You forgot sli support on intel motherboards. sli will always = fail until they have that.

Umm, they have that on X58s. Well it's not released yet, but it's been promised by Nvidia them selves, not rumor sites.

We will see. AMD is getting a ton ass of business now in crossfire purchases because of their intel support. Nvidia had better make it happen on intel boards if they want to compete.

Not giving up my X-Fi for a third card. :p

nvidia 790i chipsets ... you can have 3 PCI-E cards and an fourth on on top for a sound card solution. I'm waiting for the intel chipsets for nahelam and sli though.

Both my 680i and 780i came with daughter sound cards that sounded flat compared to my X-Fi ExtremeGamer.

Back