definitive fan recommendations?

pseud0

n00b
Can anyone make recommendations for three catagories?

1. Price no object.
2. Most silent
3. Best cooler
4. Best combination of price, noise, and cooling rating?

Thanks

Noctuas are quiet but poor performers for airflow with any impedence.

4. Best combination of price, noise, and cooling rating?

Thanks

yate loon

if you want to spend more money and get a little bit more cooling

then you go for a nexus or scythe or noctua

but if you get a noctua, like spanki said, don't put it on a heatsink

that sharkoon goflball looks pretty good in that review,but i don't think many places sell them in the USA

you can get the sharkoon here

Elmo is right, the yate loon is your best bet for all around performer.

If I recall correctly, they're almost identical to the Nexus RealSilent fans, but are about half the price. They're made by the same company, but the yate loons aren't rebranded by Nexus and go through slightly less stringent quality controls. The Nexus ones are a bit quieter, but also move slightly less air (it's 1000rpm versus 1350rpm or something similar). Either way, I have two yate loons in my case right now and they move a good amount of air and they're almost inaudible unless I'm right next to the case.

It really depends on your needs though for each of your categories:

No object on price is going to be whatever is the most expensive which is probably the Noctua. Quietest is going to be whatever fan runs at the lowest rpm but it won't move any air. Best cooler is going to be the opposite: it'll move tons of air, but sound like a jet engine. The all around is probably what you want and honestly, I wouldn't look any farther than the yate loon or maybe the Nexus RealSilent if you don't mind spending some extra cash for a little less cfm.

Back