Delete Pop up not showing up (Zune Player 4.0)

Eibach

Limp Gawd
In the old player version < 4.0 i would delete a song and i would receive a pop up asking if i wanted to keep the song on my hard drive or delete it. Now in version 4.0 that message has not been showing up. I realized this after i spend about 2 hours deleting music from my collection deleting over 2000 songs, thinking they were being deleted from my hard drive as well, only to find out that they were still on my hard drive =/.

My question, is there any way to get that pop up back? and is there any way to delete the songs off my hard drive with out manually going through them on my hard drive... but im affraid that is what im going to have to do.

or maybe is it possible to just delete the music off my hd but have my zune be synced with all the music in the collection and then restore the music from the zune player back to the computer?

Don't know what to tell you. I fired up the software just now to try it and it came up with the prompt.

Try going to Settings > general > reset warning messages?

Don't know what to tell you. I fired up the software just now to try it and it came up with the prompt.

Try going to Settings > general > reset warning messages?

awesome that exactly what i was looking for... must of skipped over it while i was looking in settings...

hmm now as far as all those songs i already deleted from my collection... =/ any sugestions?

I guess you'd have to root around and delete them manually, or re-add everything to your collection and do it the way you did before.

Is there a file that Zune player creates, like an xml file, that holds information about the Zune Player Music Collection. I was thinking if i could access that then i could create a program to read the xml file and then go delete the files that were not in the file that are still on the computer.

If you found that file you could delete it and the Zune software would re-scan your folders and re-add all the stuff back in to your library.

Back