Deleted file recovery

ghouck

n00b
I have just made a bonehead mistake and need to fix it. I deleted a bunch of videos from a folder on a Raid 5 array. I've tried a few recovery programs and they don't seem to work, mainly saying they can't access the drive. Does anyone have an idea of how to recover them? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I have just made a bonehead mistake and need to fix it. I deleted a bunch of videos from a folder on a Raid 5 array. I've tried a few recovery programs and they don't seem to work, mainly saying they can't access the drive. Does anyone have an idea of how to recover them? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Is this windows and do you have shadow copies enabled? If you right click the folder, and choose the previous versions tab do you see any earlier choices?

Yes it's windows, and I don't see any 'previous version' tab. I assume you mean after opening the folder's 'properties'. Thanks.

You could try restoration. But I'm not sure how well it works with raid 5. Works great for single disks and my raid 0 volume on an ICH9R controller.

And hopefully you haven't been writing anything. If you have and it used a part where the data you're trying to recover was, you may end up with a corrupt file.

Have you tried DiskInternals Uneraser or Active@ Undelete? If either of these fail, most likely data has been written to the sectors where those files used to reside, or your particular RAID setup is inhibiting recovery.

I made this error some years back and all the files were over 4gigs in size and i was never able to retrieve them ..due to the size all recovery programs that i was able to find were only able to recover small files.

I tried everything suggested and more with no positive results. The array had been rebuilt a while back due to a failed drive, and as I understand, that makes it even harder to recover files. Add to that the fact the array was made of 4 2-tera drives, I think the size was a factor, as I got some software errors (out of memory, stack overflow) from some of the applications.

I guess I have to dig out the DVDs and re-rip them all. Thanks for the help.

Back