Deleting files/directories w/ invalid filenames in WinMo6.1

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
OK... Severely confused... Not sure how these files got on my WinMo6.1 phone and I can't delete them.

There's two folders and two files with invalid filenames consisting of just gibberish characters. The two files are reported as being larger than the total memory installed on the phone, so it's really messing with my available memory.

I tried a program that deletes files with invalid filenames called DelinvFile, but it can't get to the phone since the phone isn't assigned a drive letter and the program seems to be incapable of accessing files not on a lettered drive.

So... What do I do?

Plug it into your computer and delete them through explorer?

Been there, done that, doesn't work. The filenames are invalid regardless of trying to delete them through WinMo 6.1, WinXP, Vista, or Win7.

What might work is if I can assign a drive letter to my phone... Hmmm... Let me see what I can do there.

Are these on internal storage or external?

It's internal storage, otherwise I would pop the SD card into my laptop's port, which is assigned a drive letter, which would allow that program to work.

I don't know man, but it'd be a good time to wipe it and try out WinMo 6.5 unless you have one of the more obscure devices with no ROM cookers :)

Oh also have you tried a different explorer app like total commander?

Back